Remeber

1 hour ago, Football Guy Bob said:

Who’s to say Frost would even make us relevant?  Do you know he’s going to come here and win?  I am a husker fan and I still support Riley and the staff until the end.  Maybe the “greatest fans” need a little bit of a reality check.

This is a reality check: Northern Illinois 21  Nebraska 17. Would Frost win? Probably - hard to say with certainty. If Frost can make Central Florida relevant, he can do it here. Look, I like Mike Riley, and I want the Huskers to win as much as anyone, but he isn't the guy. That doesn't make me a bad fan, nor am I claiming to be 'the greatest.' This is just logic.

• Plus1 2

Just now, Jeremy said:

Why do you say this? If Golden Boy comes home, I'd say at least 90% of the fans will recognize that we have someone here that at least knows what it's like to bring championships to Lincoln. Most of us recognize that Frost at Nebraska is a match made in football heaven. (Personally, I like Frost, but he's not the ONLY guy I want. There are several others that could turn this thing around.)

I wish there were more fans like you!!! The fact that you would consider someone else highlights this fact.  I have just watched this play out now since I became a fan in the early 90's  Back then it was "throw the *%^& ball," now it is "run the *%^& ball."  I just don't believe this fan base will ever be happy.

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/not-every-nebraska-cornhuskers-fan-lincoln-pining-scott-frost

6 minutes ago, Husker NoNo said:

I wish there were more fans like you!!! The fact that you would consider someone else highlights this fact.  I have just watched this play out now since I became a fan in the early 90's  Back then it was "throw the *%^& ball," now it is "run the *%^& ball."  I just don't believe this fan base will ever be happy.

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/not-every-nebraska-cornhuskers-fan-lincoln-pining-scott-frost

I see what you're saying, but disagree in part. We were happy at the end of the '09 season. We gave texas all they could handle in the conference championship game and that maybe would've been a win if played a decade before instant replay. Then we beat up Arizona in the bowl game. "Nebraska's back and we're here to stay." We all know what happened since, but that was a pretty good time, and the feeling was Husker football was becoming dominant once again. 

Contrast that with what's happening now, and I think it's understandable that fans aren't okay with things.

1 minute ago, Jeremy said:

I see what you're saying, but disagree in part. We were happy at the end of the '09 season. We gave texas all they could handle in the conference championship game and that maybe would've been a win if played a decade before instant replay. Then we beat up Arizona in the bowl game. "Nebraska's back and we're here to stay." We all know what happened since, but that was a pretty good time, and the feeling was Husker football was becoming dominant once again. 

Contrast that with what's happening now, and I think it's understandable that fans aren't okay with things.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the fan base should be happy with the product on the field right now.  I just don't think that this fan base will be united anytime soon.  Yes people were excited in `09, but I remember the "did it with Callahan recruits" comments too.  

34 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

I remeber...

I remeber the time Davison made an incredible catch to save a championship season.

I remeber when 99% of ESPN nation predicted Chad Henne and the Wolverines to hand Zac Taylor a stinging defeat at the Alamo.

I remeber the insane comeback against Ohio St. as the Big Red welomed the Big 10 into Memorial stadium.

I remeber the improbable 4th quarter drive, and how a Husker nose tackle named Glover rose up at a hostile field in Norman Oklahoma  to seal the defeat of the best rushing attack in college football.

I remeber a team that would refuse to lose.

Oh yes... I remeber!

I remeber watching Glover...his mouth was running non-stop before the snap.  He was a fierce beast.  One of my favorite all time players.

14 hours ago, El Diaco said:

Well to be fair, this place has seen much worse meltdowns than what has taken place this season. It’s probably due to it not being such a surprise as past failures. We’re either getting used to it or getting apathetic or both.

so true, so sad:facepalm::bang:wasted