Lack of talent

4 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

Wisconsin is currently ranked over 30 spots better  than their 24/7 Talent Composite ranking.  If the Huskers were playing good enough to rank 30 points better than their 24/7 Talent Composite ranking, they would be in the NFL because they would be ranked better than #1.  

https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite

What is your point?  We aren't great.  And we don't have the talent to be.  And that composite doesn't tell me any different.

1 minute ago, Saunders said:

I heard it on the ESPN podcast, so bear with me, but the stat was something like:  since like 2012, Wisconsin has had 3 coaches, 5 DC's, a boatload of assistant changes, and yet has finished ranked every year and averaged double digit wins.

I know about the turnover but other than Andersen, a good portion of coaches had some tie to Wisconsin.  That would be where the continuity came in.

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

It's been said the difference between recruiting 50th and 20th isn't as big of a difference as 19th to 1st is. 

Yeah, there is some truth to that...

2 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

He's not a great coach.  But he ran the Alvaraska blueprint.  A trained monkey probably could win 9 games at Wisconsin with Alvarez as AD.

No...that is only possible at NU...ooopppps

12 hours ago, Huskers44 said:

I’m going to say this, my opinion is Nebraska lacks talent. Their best player last season couldn’t make an NFL practice squad. Who on this team is an elite difference maker that you can rely on? We have no one. Look at years past we had Abdullah, David, Amukamara, Dennard, Compton, Helu, Suh, heck even Martinez. This team lacks talent so much. Maybe our young guys might be a great player, but right now I think we are far from coaching. (Even though I think this staff isn’t great by any means) could Coach Bo win with these players?

Lastly, is Nebraska getting worse, or is the rest of the conference just getting better? Or both? I think the conference is definitely getting better. 

Those guys were developed, coached, improved. 

Roy Helu Jr. 3* (0.8385) We have 4 RB that were higher rated recruits: Ozigbo (0.8559), Bryant (0.8638), Wilbon (0.8822), and Taylor (0.9058).

Ameer Abdullah 3* (0.8653) We have 2 RB that were higher rated recruits: Wilbon (0.8822), and Taylor (0.9058). Bryant close (0.8638).

(Previously: Terrell Newby 0.9404 and Imani Cross 0.9093)

Prince Amukamara 3* (0.8653) We have 3 DB that were higher rated recruits: Anderson (0.8935), Lee (0.9414), and Jackson (0.9582). Butler close (0.8650).
Alphonso Dennard 3* (0.8733) We have 3 DB that were higher rated recruits: Anderson (0.8935), Lee (0.9414), and Jackson (0.9582).

(Previously: Jackson 0.9606) 

Taylor Martinez 3* (0.8670) We have 2 QB that were higher rated recruits: O'Brien (0.9819), and Gebbia (0.9217). We're starting Lee (0.7985).

(Previously: Tommy Armstrong 0.9060)

Will Compton 4* (0.8917) We have 2 LB that were higher rated recruits: Newby (0.8941), and Roberts (0.9248). 

(Previously: Rose 0.9032)

Ndamukong Suh 4* (0.9797) Okay, he was an elite recruit. We don't have anyone on the team like him. And he far exceeded expectations.

• Plus1 4
9 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

If they do, then they would be great.  But until then I stand by my opinion.

Who do you see them losing to in the regular season?  The only game they have left that they might not be favored in is against Michigan and that is at home.  They even get Iowa at home this year.  Once the get to the CCG they have just a good a chance of winning as anyone else.  

41 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

How am I supposed to know who they will lose to.  Last year they lost 3.  The year before they lost to Iowa and NW at Camp Randall.

In fact they haven't lost fewer than 3 games since 2010.  To me they aren't in great status.  But few teams are.

That may be true, but they have played in the CCG 4 times since 2011 and won it twice.  IN other words, out of the six CCGs so far, they have played in 2/3 of them.  That's more than any other school.  They also scheduled Alabama and LSU in Non-Con during that span.  Several of their past assistants are HC somewhere else.  Did you see the stat during the game last Sat. that their record over the last 5 years was 4th best in the nation?

Our program and their program are worlds apart.

Don't forget in 2012 they played us in the CCG after finishing 3rd in their division and, well...we all know how that turned out.

1 minute ago, Frustrated said:

That may be true, but they have played in the CCG 4 times since 2011 and won it twice.  IN other words, out of the six CCGs so far, they have played in 2/3 of them.  That's more than any other school.  They also scheduled Alabama and LSU in Non-Con during that span.  Several of their past assistants are HC somewhere else.  Did you see the stat during the game last Sat. that their record over the last 5 years was 4th best in the nation?

Our program and their program are worlds apart.

Don't forget in 2012 they played us in the CCG after finishing 3rd in their division and, well...we all know how that turned out.

I fail to see why I have to call them great.