*** 2017 Game 7 "Expert" Picks: Ohio State at Nebraska ***

Saunders

Ohio State (-24.5) at Nebraska  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2017 Game 7 “Expert” Picks: Ohio State @ Nebraska
—————

CollegeFootballNews.com
http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/10/ohio-state-nebraska-prediction-game-preview

Just the sixth meeting all-time between the two superpower programs – Nebraska, at least, used to be one – Ohio State has won five of them, with the Huskers’ lone win coming against the Luke Fickell Buckeyes. But if ever a program and a head coach could use a big win over a big team, this would be it. The Mike Riley era isn’t working. Nebraska has been good, but it needs to be great, and it’s just not.

There are too many mistakes, there isn’t enough talent, and worst of all, the identity is gone. With three road games in the next four after this, lose at home, and the Huskers are 3-4 with little to no margin for error the rest of the way. Good luck – now Nebraska has to play the hottest team in college football. The Oklahoma loss kicked Ohio State in the pants, and now they’re playing like a team that could pull off a second national title in four years. The Buckeyes are averaging 52 points per game in their five wins, and now it’s time to show whether or not they’re really just that good. At Nebraska, Penn State, at Iowa, Michigan State. It’s going to be a fun four game stretch.

One Reason Why Ohio State Will Win
There used to be a time when Nebraska and the Big Red Machine would crank up the devastating running game and destroy teams. Defenses knew exactly what was coming, and it didn’t matter. Nebraska knew what Wisconsin was going to do last week in the second half of the 38-17 Badger win, and it didn’t matter. 353 rushing yards later, Wisconsin came in, beat up Nebraska, took its juice money, and left. Ohio State might not be able to bludgeon the Huskers like Bucky did. but it should be able hit the 300-yard mark on the ground for the first time all year. The Buckeyes have been flirting with it – running for 270 or more four times – but with Mike Weber rolling, and J.K. Dobbins’ flash, staying on land won’t be an issue.

One Reason Why Nebraska Will Win
It seems like Nebraska QB Tanner Lee is very, very close to turning a corner. Yes, America’s favorite interception-thrower has given up ten so far – including one last week to the Badgers – but in each game he’s shown off the arm strength and the upside to push the ball down the field like no one else in the Big Ten can. He only hit half of his passes against the Badger secondary, but he hooked up with Stanley Morgan Jr. for a big score, and he ended up throwing for 262 yards – the fifth time in six games he blew past the 200-yard mark. There will be mistakes, and there will be misfires, but he’ll also push the Ohio State secondary. Baker Mayfield was able to make big things happen – Lee has to try.

What’s Going To Happen
Nebraska will be plucky, but the Buckeyes are too sharp and too good to falter now. The defensive front will control the game throughout, the Nebraska ground game won’t go anywhere, Lee will keep throwing, and … Welcome to Picksville. Population: Buckeyes.

Ohio State 40 - Nebraska 13

—————
BTN.com
http://btn.com/2017/10/11/polls-its-time-to-pick-week-7-big-ten-football-winners/

Tom Dienhart: Ohio State 41 - Nebraska 21
—————

ESPN FPI
http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400935381

Ohio State - 95.4% Win
—————
Bill Connelly S&P+
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/10/12/16463734/college-football-picks-week-7-2017-predictions-odds-spreads

S&P+: Ohio State 38 - Nebraska 17 (94.2% Ohio State Win)
F+ Projection: Ohio State by 16 (81.8% Ohio StateWin)
Adjusted S&P+: Ohio State by 19 (85.8% Ohio State Win)
—————

Athlon Sports
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-football-picks-predicting-every-game-week-7-2017

Here’s a damaging stat for Nebraska: Wisconsin’s last three drives in last Saturday’s game in Lincoln went 10 plays for 93 yards and a TD, 10 plays for 80 yards and a TD, 10 plays for 40 yards and a TD. Ohio State should have little trouble moving the ball on the ground against the Cornhuskers.

Ohio State 34 - Nebraska 17

—————
Big Red Wrap-Up
http://netnebraska.org/interactive-multimedia/sports/big-red-wrap-ohio-state-prediction-1

Kevin Kugler: Ohio State 52 - Nebraska 13
Blake Lawrence: Ohio State 42 - Nebraska 17
Sean Callahan: Ohio State 41 - Nebraska 24
—————

Daily Nebraskan
http://www.dailynebraskan.com/sports/football-score-predictions-nebraska-vs-ohio-state/article_d13a2b62-aca8-11e7-bdf9-aba60f4d3ebb.html

Greg Harmon: Ohio State 41  - Nebraska 10
Zach Markon: Ohio State 48 - Nebraska 10
Anna Gleason: Ohio State 41 - Nebraska 6
—————

CBSSports.com
https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/features/writers/expert/picks/against-the-spread/7

Dennis Dodd: O*
Jerry Palm: O*
Tom Fornelli: O*
Chip Patterson: O*
Barrett Sallee: O*
Ben Kercheval: O
Barton Simmons: N
—————

• Plus1 1

22 minutes ago, skers44 said:

Sean Callahan with a really bold prediction. wow

Whoops, fixed.

29 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

The 'Why Nebraska will win'   was a real stretch just to find some crumb to fill that section.   I don't even plan on watching this one at the Ok Husker Club.  Wisc was hard enough.

I'm seriously debating taking my kids to the USF game.

• Plus1 1

Just now, VectorVictor said:

Does anyone truly, actually have hope this week? I'm just hoping we keep it under the spread. 

I mean, I HOPE that NU wins...but I bet on OSU at -14.5 about 3 months ago and I am thrilled about that.

I might put more on OSU at -24...but I think I will wait for the OSU overs.  I think that will be around 34 points.

I'm betting Nebraska to cover. That doesn't mean I have hope in the season or anything just putting my money on odds that I think are in our favor some:

1. Not getting blown out 2 weeks at home in a row 
  2. They beat us by 59 points last year. Could take us lightly 
  3. Defense redeems itself
  4. Offense finishes drives
  5. JT is due for a letdown 

Now I could be in the 4th quarter telling myself I'm an idiot, but just have a betting hunch we can make this a football game. 

Just now, BIG ERN said:

I'm betting Nebraska to cover. That doesn't mean I have hope in the season or anything just putting my money on odds that I think are in our favor some:

Now I could be in the 4th quarter telling myself I'm an idiot, but just have a betting hunch we can make this a football game. 

I could see it being closer than the 24.  Losing 38-21 or something like that

9 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I don't see OSU taking Nebraska lightly. They have a bye week after this to prepare for PSU.

JT might have a letdown but I think Wilson/Day/Meyer are starting to get on the same page. Hopefully that continues this week. His passing game last week looked much improved. Saying that, I see a heavy dose of Weber and Dobbins in this game. 

OSU's defensive line is starting to get guys back at the DT position which should help. They have been rotating DE in at DT regularly. Tanner Lee better get the ball out of his hands fast.