*** 2017 Game 7 "Expert" Picks: Ohio State at Nebraska ***

Saunders

Ohio State (-24.5) at Nebraska  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 minutes ago, jaws said:

I don't see OSU taking Nebraska lightly. They have a bye week after this to prepare for PSU.

JT might have a letdown but I think Wilson/Day/Meyer are starting to get on the same page. Hopefully that continues this week. His passing game last week looked much improved. Saying that, I see a heavy dose of Weber and Dobbins in this game. 

OSU's defensive line is starting to get guys back at the DT position which should help. They have been rotating DE in at DT regularly. Tanner Lee better get the ball out of his hands fast. 

I feel better that Tanner Lee was sacked 0 times vs a Wisconsin team who had 8 sacks in the previous game vs NW 

44 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I'm betting Nebraska to cover. That doesn't mean I have hope in the season or anything just putting my money on odds that I think are in our favor some:

1. Not getting blown out 2 weeks at home in a row 
  2. They beat us by 59 points last year. Could take us lightly 
  3. Defense redeems itself
  4. Offense finishes drives
  5. JT is due for a letdown 

Now I could be in the 4th quarter telling myself I'm an idiot, but just have a betting hunch we can make this a football game. 

With the first playoff rankings coming out and combine that with OU's loss last week, tOSU is going to need style points, and lots of them if they are going to make it into the final 4 teams at the end of the year.  They have to beat NU worse than Wisconsin did.  I see Urban never letting his foot off the gas (i.e. Oregon) and putting up big numbers.  Our only saving grace would be if we can run the ball and burn clock or it is raining so hard that tOSU runs more than they want with a wet ball/field. 

The O/U should be on if they even have to punt? and if so, how many times?  I'd say 3 punts or less for tOSU

4 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I feel better that Tanner Lee was sacked 0 times vs a Wisconsin team who had 8 sacks in the previous game vs NW 

Did you not notice we had "max protect" in place almost the entire game?  hard to get a sack when you are  going up against that the whole game.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

With the first playoff rankings coming out and combine that with OU's loss last week, tOSU is going to need style points, and lots of them if they are going to make it into the final 4 teams at the end of the year.  They have to beat NU worse than Wisconsin did.  I see Urban never letting his foot off the gas (i.e. Oregon) and putting up big numbers.  Our only saving grace would be if we can run the ball and burn clock or it is raining so hard that tOSU runs more than they want with a wet ball/field. 

The O/U should be on if they even have to punt? and if so, how many times?  I'd say 3 punts or less for tOSU

Did you not notice we had "max protect" in place almost the entire game?  hard to get a sack when you are  going up against that the whole game.

You can call it what you want but he didn't get sacked. By sending 3 guys out we should be able to get open once in a while. Morgan, DPE and Spielman have the talent 

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I have heard others mention that as well...would that means he has lost the team?  That sort of happened in 07, didn't it?

I was thinking more about this team losing the fans. I could see the stadium being more than half empty by hafltime.

I think the 07 OSU game is where Callahan did lose the team. It was very evident with guys giving up on plays. 

41 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Morgan and Spielman do. DPE is not a good wide receiver, never has been.

Not great, but still effective. 

RECEIVING STATISTICS
NAME REC YDS AVG LONG TD
Stanley Morgan Jr. 30 510 17.0 80 (TD) 5
De'Mornay Pierson-El 24 363 15.1 45 (TD) 4
JD Spielman 20 275 13.8 36 1
Tyler Hoppes 12 137 11.4 35 1
Tyjon Lindsey 9 48 5.3 11 0
Gabe Rahn 2 27 13.5 17 0
Mikale Wilbon 8 23 2.9 11 0
Devine Ozigbo 4 18 4.5 8 0
Luke McNitt 1 11 11.0 11 0