skers44

Week 7 Bold Predictions Thread

skers44    204

Ohio State covers vs Nebraska

TCU vs K-State and Clemson vs Syracuse are close games

UCF covers the 33.5 spread vs ECU

Boise State beats San Diego State

Utah beats USC

Florida loses to aTm in their AWFUL uniforms!

Three head coaches are fired this weekend

tanner gets banged up and we see POB saturday

skers44    204
58 minutes ago, Saunders said:

Purdue beats Wisconsin.

I do think they can light up Wiscy through the air, we exposed them on a few deep routes, and even missed some TDs (Spielman)

TGHusker    1,119

NU gets a defensive touchdown and another one via Special teams. 

NU offense gets shut out.   Huge rumors start immediately that MR will be fired on Monday by the IAD.  DC promoted to IHC. 

TCU proves to be the best team in Big 12

Texas overwhelms OU and talk of firing Mike Stoops as DC spreads through sooner land (those of us here in Tulsa love it when the sooners get cut down a notch)

Florida looses and a bidding war starts for Scott Frost's services between UF and NU.  While UCF again overwhelms its opponent.

TGHusker    1,119
20 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

GaTech beats Miami

Rumors start that Paul Johnson will be the new NU coach - re-instituting the triple option at Nebraska.  :o

Isle of View    174
3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Rumors start that Paul Johnson will be the new NU coach - re-instituting the triple option at Nebraska.  :o

Rumors start that TGHusker likes to stir the pot.  ;)

TGHusker    1,119
11 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

Rumors start that TGHusker likes to stir the pot.  ;)

You got to joke around in times like this and not take it so seriously.

4skers89    274
23 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Mike Riley is fired on Sunday after a 50+ butt kicking from Ohio State. Seats empty out in the 4th quarter. 

I doubt the firing part. His only fault is taking the job and thinking his coaching abilities were greater than they are. I'd have him stay on through the end of the season to so he understands how wrong he was. The search for his replacement will start if it hasn't already.

skers44    204
1 hour ago, brophog said:

It is, but ECU is legitimately one of the worst teams in the country.

You're probably right, and The fightin frosts won @ Cincy by 28, just have to stir the pot though :P

brophog    325
7 minutes ago, skers44 said:

You're probably right, and The fightin frosts won @ Cincy by 28, just have to stir the pot though :P

I was just jokin about the "boldness". I could definitely see them not covering, though. That line moved a fair bit after it opened. Some showing at -37 now.

Hayseed    389

Wiener Schlinger let’s off incredible blast that reaches north stadium row 92.

Fan catches wiener for first time and gives it to boy in next seat...he just wanted to catch one before he dies and now his life becomes complete.

Redux    5,067
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I agree...This is SUCH a game that LSU wins and all of a sudden...they finish 10-2

And you know Auburn will shoot themselves in the foot at some point before Bama.

jessica0    88
8 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

I doubt the firing part. His only fault is taking the job and thinking his coaching abilities were greater than they are. I'd have him stay on through the end of the season to so he understands how wrong he was. The search for his replacement will start if it hasn't already.

I don't blame Riley for being here. The guy that was incompetent to offer him the job already got fired. Now we have to fire his hire and then we move on with life with a better hire. 

I don't see any reason to keep Riley if it is another monster blowout. He will be 3-4 on the season and will have a losing season again. 

huskerfan74    96

Ohio State hangs 56 points on us. Tanner Lee has three interceptions. Fans booo during half time and stadium empties by beginning of fourth quarter. Riley chews his gum calmly as if we are winning. He points out that his players did not execute well but that the coaches have to do a better job. He also mentions that they had a very good practice week but he does not know what went wrong.

bla bla bla...same old story, please fast forward and offer Frost what he wants to come here.

CornHunka    22
21 hours ago, Isle of View said:

GaTech beats Miami

THIS^^^^^

Auburn covers over LSU

Arizona St covers, but loses to Washington

OSU scores multiple TD's in the fourth to cover, exactly like last week. 

skers44    204
16 hours ago, brophog said:

I was just jokin about the "boldness". I could definitely see them not covering, though. That line moved a fair bit after it opened. Some showing at -37 now.

wow

TGHusker    1,119
22 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

After Ohio State wins by 42 points Riley is all smiles and laughter while leaving the field. 

And players don't seem one bit fazed by it either.  It has become 'common ground' - the new normal. 

Judoka    111
3 hours ago, skers44 said:

now THAT is Lack of boldness lol

didnt tommy throw a p6 on his first pass last year?? 

The boldness comes from the fact the he only stated one pick 6 would be thrown.

grandpasknee    675

Tanner Lee gets hurt after various offensive linemen whiff on blocks.

Spielman get hurt by being hung out by Tanner Lee with some questionable throws.

POB if forced to come in and plays well enough.  Well enough meaning he avoids getting killed and throws no interceptions.

Other teams around the country have competitive games.

BigRedBuster    7,305

Sometime right before 7:00PM, the video boards go dark, the familiar music starts in the stadium.  The fans start clapping and their hearts start beating a little faster.  Their happy to be there to watch, but, all know that by 10:30 it will be all over by getting their butts kicked by OSU......but, as thoughts of that are going through their heads, the familiar bright spot on the video screen starts flashing.....music gets louder.......THEN.......IT HAPPENS.......the video shows who is leading the team out of the tunnel....WHAT?????  It's none other than Scott Frost himself.  The crowd goes crazy.  The stadium is shaking from the excitement.  Scott leads them onto the field and proceeds to lead the team on to one of the most inspired wins in football history, Nebraska doesn't lose another game this year.  They then go undefeated next year to win the national championship.  Scott Frost instantly is put into the college football hall of fame as a coach and still leads Nebraska to multiple national championships over the next 20 years.

PS.......At the end of the game when the crowd is worn out from singing "Let Me Clear My Throat", the video screen flashes to showing Riley and his wife driving down the interstate in a Winnebago with his bicycle tied onto the back.  Mike looks at the camera and winks....then drives off into the sunset.

TGHusker    1,119

^^^  Good ending for Barney.   I'm thinking  god-nephew Opie is in the seat between MR and MRS MR enjoying the ride and whistling the Mayberry tune.

Ozigbo keeps his streak of 100+ yard games. I think he breaks a couple decent runs, and even with Wilbon back he's the guy right now.

Nebraska covers, but I just can't see a path to us winning. Closer than people think, but even at my most optimistic I can't see a W here.

We find out who our 4th string (I think?) safety is. Sounds like we might be starting Kalu/Dismuke with Kieron as the backup - I'm gonna say one injury and one (probably bogus) targeting penalty, and I have no idea who we send out there. If Aaron can play this probably doesn't happen, but seems like he's been beat up all year.

El Diaco    4,533

Once Langsdorf sees which running plays are working for Nebraska he reverts to calling only the running plays that haven’t worked.

On numerous occasions of 2nd or 3rd and short Lang’s will call long developing long ball pass plays even when our average rush play thus far has averaged more yards than what is needed. He’ll finally feel comfortable once we are down by 28+ and he can call yolo bombs for the rest of the evening.

I know, I know, not very bold...but accurate.

Redux    5,067

Offense chalks up 1 pick 6, 2 more interceptions, 128 yards passing with a 40% completion percentage, 89 yards rushing  on 20 attempts and 2/9 on 3rd downs.

Danny Langsdorf is fired.

Any given Saturday..... 

Maybe this one is ours. Not expecting it but, hoping and cheering for it. Would be great to see how this team could finish the season if they could pull a huge upset. 

On a similar note, this might end up being the "upset Saturday" of the season.  I see 3 or 4 possible big ones. And, Clemson did just go down at Syracuse.

HuskerMav11    211
On 10/12/2017 at 0:26 PM, 4skers89 said:

I mean, the dude is close to retirement, doubled his salary, and it's guaranteed through the next 3 years. In most professions, that wouldn't be considered a mistake of a career decision.

Which brings up a good point. I'm pretty sure our asshat of an AD went with Riley because he was a "bargain". 

runningblind    23
17 minutes ago, HuskerMav11 said:

I mean, the dude is close to retirement, doubled his salary, and it's guaranteed through the next 3 years. In most professions, that wouldn't be considered a mistake of a career decision.

Which brings up a good point. I'm pretty sure our asshat of an AD went with Riley because he was a "bargain". 

I think this is spot on. We can blame Riley, but the blame truly falls on Eichorst and Perlman. Anyone in Riley's position would have accepted  the Nebraska job.