Week 7 Bold Predictions Thread

Any given Saturday..... 

Maybe this one is ours. Not expecting it but, hoping and cheering for it. Would be great to see how this team could finish the season if they could pull a huge upset. 

On a similar note, this might end up being the "upset Saturday" of the season.  I see 3 or 4 possible big ones. And, Clemson did just go down at Syracuse.

On 10/12/2017 at 0:26 PM, 4skers89 said:

I doubt the firing part. His only fault is taking the job and thinking his coaching abilities were greater than they are. I'd have him stay on through the end of the season to so he understands how wrong he was. The search for his replacement will start if it hasn't already.

I mean, the dude is close to retirement, doubled his salary, and it's guaranteed through the next 3 years. In most professions, that wouldn't be considered a mistake of a career decision.

Which brings up a good point. I'm pretty sure our asshat of an AD went with Riley because he was a "bargain". 

17 minutes ago, HuskerMav11 said:

I mean, the dude is close to retirement, doubled his salary, and it's guaranteed through the next 3 years. In most professions, that wouldn't be considered a mistake of a career decision.

Which brings up a good point. I'm pretty sure our asshat of an AD went with Riley because he was a "bargain". 

I think this is spot on. We can blame Riley, but the blame truly falls on Eichorst and Perlman. Anyone in Riley's position would have accepted  the Nebraska job.

1 hour ago, HuskerMav11 said:

Greene and Bounds said something to the effect of blaming Eichhorst for not "using all the resources he had available" during his tenure. I took that to mean that SE had a pretty much open checkbook and still went cheap. 

On 10/13/2017 at 0:51 AM, huskerfan74 said:

Ohio State hangs 56 points on us. Tanner Lee has three interceptions. Fans booo during half time and stadium empties by beginning of fourth quarter. Riley chews his gum calmly as if we are winning. He points out that his players did not execute well but that the coaches have to do a better job. He also mentions that they had a very good practice week but he does not know what went wrong.

bla bla bla...same old story, please fast forward and offer Frost what he wants to come here.

I am a genius and a can see the future..

• Plus1 1

On 10/12/2017 at 9:45 AM, skers44 said:

Ohio State covers vs Nebraska

TCU vs K-State and Clemson vs Syracuse are close games

UCF covers the 33.5 spread vs ECU

Boise State beats San Diego State

Utah beats USC

Florida loses to aTm in their AWFUL uniforms!

Three head coaches are fired this weekend

tanner gets banged up and we see POB saturday

Currently 6/8 (waiting on the hc)

• Plus1 1