THE REASON WE BEAT OHIO STATE

8 minutes ago, GamingGlen said:

The contest is decided by a cheerleader pageant.   In past years I might find one beauty among the NU cheerleaders (but then I'm quite picky), but this year's group has many (to my eyes at least).  Perhaps tOSU cheerleaders are quite fetching, too, I'd like to watch (probably more than the game).

0e476686ec245845d93958e51c8c9f19.jpg

17 hours ago, huskerfan69 said:

i don't expect us to win, but riley is truly a terrible coach if he doesn't cover the 24.5 points.

If the game is that close, I would give Riley high marks and it will be NU's best game of the year so far.  More likely we lose by atleast 40.  I just hope it is not 56-0.   It could be.  Even if our defense plays its very best, we probably cant stop them from marching in for about 8 TDs and a couple field goals.  We might get a couple punts out of them if their offense gets fatigued from all the extra snaps they will have to take due to our offense punting a record number of times, etc.   Unless of course, Lee and POB (he should see some action tonight) throw about 6 pick 6s and we keep their offense off the field that way.  We could hold Ohio State to well under their season averages in offensive stats by never giving them the ball with endless pick 6s.  That might be one NCAA record we have a strong chance of breaking is the season high number of pick 6 ints.  

nothing but bad vibes tonight.  I may watch an old movie instead of listening as I am not sure I can take hearing what is coming for my beloved team.   Only we got going for us is God still has a soft spot for Big Red of Lincoln.   Big Red/Gray not so much.   

Edited by 84HuskerLaw
18 hours ago, neepster said:

What would it take for this game to actually have that headline?  Anyone know?

Edit: From what I can tell, our worst home loss was in 1945 to Minnesota 61-7.... 

At this rate? They're going to win 56-0 or 69-7. As I said previously, if it ends up like that, we have no choice but to end the Riley era Sunday.

15 hours ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

I am usually not the weeny who takes posts too seriously, but my step daughter went to Marshall. After visiting the fountain and talking to locals about what happened down there, I cant say this is in good taste.  

You're right, OK they all get explosive diarrhea pregame, well that didn't happen, the only thing that exploded was their offense, EIGHT consecutive TD drives, haha, Diaco, what a joke.

Edited by Big Red Commie

On 10/13/2017 at 9:17 PM, El Diaco said:

Ha, as I’m watching and enjoying the upset they announce that and all I can think is Nebraska must now be involved with ALL records of futility. I mean that game had nothing to do with us but then they point that out.....fml.

Yeah, then same thing with the ASU game. Last time they had beat a top 5 team was us in '96.

Edited by HuskerPerson07

OSU literally made it look like they were scrimmaging Nebraska.  I can't remember a team making a win look so easy against us except for maybe Ohio State/NU last year.  They made the game yesterday look like it was nothing more than a walk through practice for them.

Edited by suh_fan93
1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

OSU literally made it look like they were scrimmaging Nebraska.  I can't remember a team making a win look so easy against us except for maybe Ohio State/NU last year.  They made the game yesterday look like it was nothing more than a walk through practice for them.

I can't remember the exact statement from one of the announcers, but it was basically OSU was playing against themselves to fine tune things on both sides of the ball chasing perfection.....That's us.  That's Riley.  An opportunity to go full contact to hone your craft...