QB Spencer Petras [Iowa - Signed LOI]

Mavric

15 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

And with all due respect to this QB.  I am livid with this offer.  Now we are going back to recruiting 2018 QB's?

It might make more sense now that a lot of the big fish we were after might be scared off by a awful product on the field.  In a small class like this one they were looking at trying to hit on some big recruits at other positions.  A recruiting board is used to rank recruits based off of need and talent level. QB was not a huge need but we went after some big fish and missed out.  Since other recruits are higher on our board than a QB it looked like we would not take one this year.  As talent comes off the board other prospects are offered.  This is generally how recruiting works

7 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

It might make more sense now that a lot of the big fish we were after might be scared off by a awful product on the field.  In a small class like this one they were looking at trying to hit on some big recruits at other positions.  A recruiting board is used to rank recruits based off of need and talent level. QB was not a huge need but we went after some big fish and missed out.  Since other recruits are higher on our board than a QB it looked like we would not take one this year.  As talent comes off the board other prospects are offered.  This is generally how recruiting works

It doesn't make sense.  They stopped recruiting.  And lots of people on here said that we shouldn't take a QB just to take one.  Well, what does this look like to everyone?

This staff has screwed up the QB and RB position worse than any other

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

It doesn't make sense.  They stopped recruiting.  And lots of people on here said that we shouldn't take a QB just to take one.  Well, what does this look like to everyone?

This staff has screwed up the QB and RB position worse than any other

I beg to differ about the bolded.  Even without taking one this year, we are in better shape at QB than in a very very long time.  I personally believe we also have at least 3 pretty decent RBs on the team that would be showing what they could do if we had a better O line.

But, this offer after what has been done does leave you scratching your head.

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I beg to differ about the bolded.  Even without taking one this year, we are in better shape at QB than in a very very long time.  I personally believe we also have at least 3 pretty decent RBs on the team that would be showing what they could do if we had a better O line.

But, this offer after what has been done does leave you scratching your head.

You have ZERO proof that we are better at QB than previous.  This coaching staff's savior at QB is worse than the one that just graduated.  His back up, is worse than him.  And that is according to his own coaches.  The 3rd stringer is a toothpick that MIGHT be good.

Trey Bryant has the knees of an elderly person

Wilbon is hurt half the time he's in uniform-Plus next year is his last

The coaches clearly don't like what Oz can do since they refuse to start him-Plus next year is his last

The coaches burned Bradley's RS to give him 1 carry a game even in blowouts.

Guess what-We have NO QB OR RB COMMITS FOR 2018!

Say what you want about the OL.  I'm not 100% sold on them either.  But we have taken 12-13 OL in 3 recruiting classes under Riley.  And some of the young guys are showing they are going to be good.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Have you seen either one of them play this year? 

Yep. Patrick has such a small sample size so I'm not sure what you are drawing from that. Lee started out rough but is getting better each game, he was one of the lone bright spots Saturday. He has talent and a good attitude and he is also more mobile than people give him credit for. Really glad to have him. 

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Yep. Patrick has such a small sample size so I'm not sure what you are drawing from that. Lee started out rough but is getting better each game, he was one of the lone bright spots Saturday. He has talent and a good attitude and he is also more mobile than people give him credit for. Really glad to have him. 

The fact that POB hasn't been able to jump Lee yet should tell you what you need to know about where he's at right now. 

Lee has been playing better and more efficient. So that might actually have me more worried. With him playing pretty good and we still look as bad as we do. Offensive line has done pretty good protecting him and opening up some lanes for backs. Receivers did not have many drops against ohio state. 

It is cause for concern when you look at our team and say what are we good at? Nothing was obviously bad. Is it play calling? Offensive scheme as a whole? No leaders? Maybe Lee has skills but not a motivator? IDK guys. 

There is alot of good quarterbacks that dont win. Then alot of not good quarterbacks who do win. Tebow was not a talented QB but refused to lose and was a leader. So give me a guy with some heart over a guy with Talent who doesnt know how to win.

I have hope for a guy like Gebbia. As hard as you hear he works and studies film. I think he has that leadership quality and drive to be great.

Edited by Huskers93-97
4 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

There is alot of good quarterbacks that dont win. Then alot of not good quarterbacks who do win. Tebow was not a talented QB but refused to lose and was a leader. So give me a guy with some heart over a guy with Talent who doesnt know how to win.

Tebow was a 5 star prospect and the #1 dual threat QB in his class. I wouldn't say he wasn't talented. He just wasn't a NFL QB.  

You can have a team full of untalented guys that refuse to lose but that doesn't mean they will win anything. Motivated talent plus good coaching will win you a lot of games. 

I think Nebraska really needs to pick up a QB in this recruiting cycle ( they should be doing it every year). There doesn't seem to be much depth at the position. 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Spencer Petras [Iowa - Signed LOI]