Why Will You Believe?

I believe because we have a job to do as fans that no one else can do-SUPPORT OUR TEAM NO MATTER WHAT.  I hope our guys go in there and just a fun playing the game they love.  I hope Coach Riley will let other players play today-what does he have to lose? GO BIG RED!!!! :cheers

Edited by ladyhawke
  • Plus1 1

I believe we 'can' win because these are 18-23 y/o kids/men; they are not pros (although some are pro ready; most on OSU's sideline, unfortunately). They can (and will) make mistakes on the field; they aren't pros, who also make mistakes. How many, idk. Maybe OSU makes a lot more than NU.

We have a DC who has proven to field a very good Defense on numerous occasion in his career. If Our guys play outta their mind on D, we know Diaco can game-plan a winning defensive strategy as DC. He did it (with unbelievable talent, mind you) at ND. Will NU play virtually mistake free defense + Will Diaco's scheme work vs. OSU's offensive gameplan? again, idk.

We have a number of WRs that have proven to be able to make big plays, one way or another; and we have seen Tanner Lee be able to deliver the ball to them when given adequate time (although we have also seen him make mistakes, both, under duress & relatively unhurried). Can Tanner Lee is 'pro style' QB; can he deliver a 'pro-level' performance, and can the WRs replace their drops w/ even more big plays?

Can the O-line put together just one period of 60 minutes in which they perform like an elite level line?

Most of  these scenarios are unlikely... but they 'can' happen.

OSU 'can' also cover their spread; and the game 'can' get ugly.

but i'll stick w/ my original prediction; NU is within two possessions heading into the 4th, but OSU pulls away.

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Oh, I'm all N. Always will be. But we're getting beat tonight....

#GBR

I'm all :bigredn: as well.  Still, tonight, I think we get beat by 5 TD's.  I'll be rooting the whole time for us to win.  The eye test and even the heart test tells me the other red team wins.  Better players and better coach.  I'd love to see OSU play like we usually do ... but I don't expect it.  Actually, I expect us to contribute to the slaughter.  :-(

Edited by BigRedN
2 hours ago, MichiganDad3 said:

My only hope is because Urban doesn't seem to last too long at any school. Perhaps the suckeyes have a let down and we get some breaks. On the other hand, our offense is horrible bad. Don't you just love the pro style QBs.

Our only hope should be that Scott Frost is the savior of the program. I think it's been in the works behind the scenes.