Ohio State Game....What Did We Learn?

Hayseed

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Lee is proving to me the hype was real. He is pretty unflappable mentally and his arm talent is obvious. Decision making still needs to come along but he's already made pretty large strides in this department. If he stays on this trajectory  he will get drafted no doubt in my mind.

Spielman is a beast, love the way he plays. Comes up big when we need him to. 

My Guess is that if Riley goes, Tanner opts for the NFL.  Tanner came here because of Riley not because he loved NU.  At this point, I guess it is all collateral damage from Harvey Pearlman's miss-management and incompetence.

• Plus1 3

3 hours ago, observer3 said:

Tanner Lee CAN play a game without an interception, and against a fierce defense !

23/38

303 yds

2 TD

0 INT

No picks true but there were definitely at least 2 passes that I can remember that the OSU db's simply dropped.  Technically yes it was nice to see him actually not throw an interception.

8 minutes ago, San Diego Husker said:

My Guess is that if Riley goes, Tanner opts for the NFL.  Tanner came here because of Riley not because he loved NU.  At this point, I guess it is all collateral damage from Harvey Pearlman's miss-management and incompetence.

While I think Tanner could run Frosts offense with success (numbers will probably improve in a spread) it would make more sense to jump from this offense to the NFL rather than learn another offense for 1 year before going back to a pro scheme. 

I learned that the lady behind me was ready to leave after the tunnel walk.  30 year olds need their drinky like they are still in college.

I learned the guy 2 rows in front of me and his baked friend would rather stand with their backs to the game and hit on the girls sitting behind them.

I learned there were a lot of people that came to the game with their minds made up that they were leaving in the 1st QTR.  

I learned that Dave Rimington is good at walking around shaking hands and kissing babies.

I learned the only true playmaker on offense is a redshirt freshman.

I learned that the hot dogs shot out of the cannon are soggy.

I learned that the drive back to Omaha is great when half the people leave early.

I learned I should have stayed home and watched the Dodgers.

I learned that Drew Brown might be the best tackler on the team.

I learned that Lightbourn is actually a pretty solid punter.

I learned that Val’s Pizza is still trash.

I learned that Dave Hoppen is a giant.

I learned that John Parrella gets a pass from fans because he is an Ex-Husker.

I learned that Nebraska doesn’t need more walk ons.

I learned flyovers are still cool.

I learned JT Barrett didn’t even break a sweat.

I learned that saying we need more talent is a legit reason but is an overused excuse.

I learned I still love Nebraska football but careless about the current incarnation.

I learned Riley would have called the game early if he could.  Rather then use timeouts to give his backup QB game time reps, a legitimate chance at a score after a drive, and game film to study, he'll waste the clock and put him in a situation to throw an interception.  With  3 timeouts near the red zone he wastes 5 additional plays or more to evaluate his younger players and their ability to score at the end of a game with time running out.

Zero game development for a QB who's one injury away from starting the remainder of the year.

It felt like he was punting on 1st down.

Edited by InOmaha
  • Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

The argument about clock management in the last 33 seconds.....yeah, there's your trouble.(sarcasm)

Everything else has been mentioned, so i should have said Ditto first.

Player development is a major problem.  What better time to develop players then during a game against a team determined to keep you from scoring? 

It's an indication to me that practice is no different and they aren't doing whatever it takes to get people ready for B1G play.

1 minute ago, InOmaha said:

Everything else has been mentioned, so i should have said Ditto first.

Player development is a major problem.  What better time to develop players then during a game against a team determined to keep you from scoring? 

It's an indication to me that practice is no different and they aren't doing whatever it takes to get people ready for B1G play.

You're right...we should use blowouts to practice things. They will still be our players next season and obviously need the work.

I was just being sarcastic about us guys on the message boards offering suggestions to the coaches who don't get it and need to get going down the road.