Ohio State Game....What Did We Learn?

Hayseed

Great day to Tanner Lee, JD Spielman. Hope Morgan, Spielman, everyone else are/will get healthy. Love watching Ozigbo run as always; it's a shame he doesn't have that early one to his credit as well (phantom hold!)

Young guys had their moments. Bootle started strong, got picked on, but kept at it and had a good play here and there by the end. There'll be better days ahead for these guys.

Ohio State, what a team. I hope those guys bring a championship back to the B1G.

• Plus1 1

I learned that Riley is incompetent.  33 seconds left with 3 time outs.  Instead of stopping the clock and getting a trash TD, he let's the clock run out....

Lee didn't look bad,

Spiel man played out of his mind

Disco can not adjust in game.  He is truly incapable of this

We have some talent.  They are just completely lost with this staff.

I'd let Riley go.  I'd have TO call Frost tomorrow

The most first downs in NU history were tonight.  We were about 30 yards from having the most total yards put up on NU and OSU still has yet to punt against Riley at NU....

I really don't even care about the loss.  

We will be lucky to get to 6-6.  Probably 3-9 or 4-8....  

• Plus1 2

Fortunately tOSU got down to their third-string offense and didn't QUITE break the yards allowed record.

Spielman is a stud.  Had 200 yards of receiving.  If he could pick his feet up he probably would have had 300.

The rest of the offense combined for 193.

The "Blackshirts" have gone 88 minutes of game time without forcing a punt.

7 minutes ago, zoogs said:

Great day to Tanner Lee, JD Spielman. Hope Morgan, Spielman, everyone else are/will get healthy. Love watching Ozigbo run as always; it's a shame he doesn't have that early one to his credit as well (phantom hold!)

Young guys had their moments. Bootle started strong, got picked on, but kept at it and had a good play here and there by the end. There'll be better days ahead for these guys.

Ohio State, what a team. I hope those guys bring a championship back to the B1G.

I applauded your positivism.  Truly.

I'll add that Stiles played well as did Dismuke IMHO.  

The younger guys looked better than some of the veterans.

Liked Lee rolling out.  Wish we'd see it more.  A greta way to to negate an aggressive DL...

Spielman and Morgan stepped up.

Oz showed, again IMO, he should've been the #1 form day 1......

Lightbourn boomed some punts.

Drew had a great tackle on one return.

• Plus1 2

@lo country, haha, yeah! Way to go Drew Brown! That one had me goin' :) I had to double check the roster numbers after seeing #34 fly in there like a free safety.

The good news is that nobody else is quite so invincible as Ohio State. Nebraska could win out, but they'll need to both sort things out and hold it together.

Edited by zoogs
  • Plus1 2

JD is a fighter

Dorf and Riley are IDIOTS for starting Wilbon.... WHAT ARE YOU DOING

Diaco has never been able to defend a team with any offense. (Alabama (in ND), Oregon, Wisc, tOSU) Absolutely terrible

Our corners are still bad at run and pass defense

Tanner can at least run a little bit

Our fans will show up, even for a 3-3 team that will be smoked (when it was close)

We may be the worst 3-4 team in the nation

GBR

• Plus1 2

117-17 in the last two game vs Ohio st.   I've learned we are very bad coached team again. This team can't help but to do dumb stuff week after week after week and it's the same stupid dumb sh!t.  The team learns nothing.  I said after the debacle to N Illinois we would hard pressed to win 5 games. I'm thinking we might end up 4-8.  So sad.