** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

52 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

I do not get the Scott Frost talk. His offense would not be a good fit for Nebraska or for being competitive in the Big10 (imho). We want to be what Wisconsin or Ohio State is, an offense that has an OL that can beat down a defense & impose their will. You don't get that with a spread offense. 

That at being said, we could hardly be much worse than be are right now.

Dude, Ohio State runs a spread offense. 

• Plus1 9

52 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

Just listened to a husker podcast. It blows my mind that people don't think SF is ready.  His resume could not be much better than it currently is.  Won a title with Nebraska.  Played NFL as QB and safety.  Worked as a defensive coordinator, offensive coordinator and a head coach. Both his parents are football coaches.  Helped take Oregon to the  a national championship.  Worked with many iconic coaches.  Made an 0-12 ranked after a year and a half.  I'm sorry he didn't beat Alabama or Clemson with UCF in the national championship last year.

He's not ready...that doesnt prove anything.

4 minutes ago, skersfan said:

Not really Melscott62.  They go undefeated,  he has a chance.   Big Ten will have a loss,  ACC will have a loss, Pac 12 will have a loss,  Big 12 will have a loss,  I say this as most likely.  Not there yet.   But only Bama looks to be undefeated at the end.  You get two loss champions, who knows what happens. 

I think he would be a great choice for Nebraska, there are others though.  I am not against him coming back home.  But I really think the only reason he will come back is loyalty and love of Nebraska.  Money is not going to be the deciding factor.  I think it will have a lot to do with Coach Osborne and what he advises him to do.  

But I do not believe he will turn the program around as quickly as some feel it will happen.  There are a lot of problems, and I don't give a rats bottom what all the recruiting gurus say, we are not any where near as talented as Ohio State.  Not even close.  To beat that level of a program, you have to have similar talent, and equal or near coaching. Or you have to have a scheme that is different, and recruited for.  IE our offense of the 90's and our pipeline.  Unfortunately today most have the ability to build O and D linemen.  We don't seem to be able to recruit them or develop them.   And that has gone on since Solich left.   If we hire him and he has a blow out loss in the first year, this board will be on fire with what have we done?

I know I don't have the knowledge or ability to tell if he is the answer.   My first choice would be Kyle Whittingham of Utah.  I think he would fit at Nebraska in every aspect.  

I like Whittingham also,  it would be nice to get a coach who has actually been a winner as a HC

54 minutes ago, runningblind said:

This. I read an article about all the past national champions and they were all either in prime recruiting states,  or bordered one. They said Nebraska's success was pretty much a miracle. We struck gold with Devaney and TO. It may be time to just be glad we lived it and accept reality. 

Maybe Scott Frost is the third in that heavenly trio but I am not holding my breath. Life is too short to get this worked up with could have, should have, might be.

Have you been to Clemson, SC?  I have.  Nothing spectacular.

State College, Eugene, OR,,  hell even Pullman, WA has a top 25 team.

Play good football, win games and put kids in NFL.  They will come.  We currently do none of those.

• Plus1 2

If Mullens from Oregon or Danny White from UCF are potential candidates for AD, it's becoming pretty clear that Frost is of primary interest. On top of this, we have 3 passing QB's we'd want to preserve for the future, and what better offense than what Scott Frost is running at UCF. We aren't hiring a new HC who would run an option offense. Would take too much time to recruit for that. This is just my opinion. Curious what others think. 

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, huskerman2018 said:

hmmm intresting. but i really doubt any one would. want this ne coaching job at this point. who would   your coming into if you dont win  right away your firedddd.

This is year 3, the 'winning right away' was 2 years ago. This loss, and NIU are inexcusable. There's losing a tough, hard fought game to a good team, and then there's getting your doors blown off for 30+ years. Riley is not, nor ever will be the guy to bring Nebraska back.

• Plus1 3

8 minutes ago, huskerman2018 said:

hmmm intresting. but i really doubt any one would. want this ne coaching job at this point. who would   your coming into if you dont win  right away your firedddd.

You don’t have to win right away, you just can’t turn us into the worst team in the B1G

• Plus1 9
  • Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic