Spielman Breaks Single-Game Receiving Yards Record

Mavric

11 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

200 yard rusher probably means that NU wins that game.  Nothing against Speilman, but those are empty stats in a blowout loss. 

He did have more yards than all other receiving balls combined.  DPE catches the TD at the end of the half he wouldn't have.  Speilman got open and fought for yards, had he nit been tripped up by the shoestring tackle he was pushing 250 or so.  He played well despite the outcome.

• Plus1 1
Just now, HuskerInLostWages said:

He did have more yards than all other receiving balls combined.  DPE catches the TD at the end of the half he wouldn't have.  Speilman got open and fought for yards, had he nit been tripped up by the shoestring tackle he was pushing 250 or so.  He played well despite the outcome.

I'm not trying to down play Spielman, because it sounds like he had a good game. But, when NU is down 35 at the half, it seems like a lot of empty starts were had.

5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I'm not trying to down play Spielman, because it sounds like he had a good game. But, when NU is down 35 at the half, it seems like a lot of empty starts were had.

Maybe watch the game and watch his play.  Not many showed up today but #10 did.  His stats aren’t empty stats. 

I’m sure he would trade the record for the win though.

Edited by Pedro Guerrero
  • Plus1 2

53 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You are right, I will watch the game to get an idea of what actually happened. 

JD made plays and gave us hope.  Other than what he did, and an incredible pass and catch (Lee to Stan), YOU DON'T WANT TO WATCH IT, TRUST ME.  Or just fast foward to 00:00

17 minutes ago, tattooedhusker said:

Honestly, JD and Lee seemed to be the only ones who gave a s#!t

That is what needs to change foremost by the next coach and it won't be easy.  Players not showing up in big games has been happening since before Riley showed up.  No pride whatsoever.