OWH Barfknecht: Nebraska closing in on naming next athletic director

The Duke

13 minutes ago, Vizsla1 said:

Heard more talk today about Ed Stewart....  but yes, by Wednesday and Coach Riley will be relieved by Friday..

I think he'll be gone during the BYE week. Quite possibly tomorrow actually. I think Hank Bounds and Ronnie Green are the real deal. They are like the fan base. They've had enough, IMO judging from their body language and choice of words. And I couldn't be happier. Anything to undo the damage Harvey Perlman caused our football team should bring any and all fans hope.

13 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Why leave Oregon? Because a single alumni approves everything. You have no real control over things. 

HAHAHAHAHA. As if alumni in general (boosters) don't control things here? 

Who are you, are you new? Welcome to college football.

Who got our last coach fired, exactly? Who got the AD fired two weeks ago? 

Edited by Atbone95
  • Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Atbone95 said:

Larry the f'ing Cable Guy tweeted "fire the AD" and he was gone within 48 hours. 

Hahahaha. 

We had a regent Facebook post about firing the AD! LOL 

In Larry's defense, there was a LOT of tweets and facebook posts to fire Eichorst during that period and plenty of people retweeting Larry after the fact.  I did not hear about the regent posting to FB about it though.

1 minute ago, FTW said:

Interesting. DFW airport shows a flight to OMA Eppley airfield. TCU AD? FWIW, found no flights, zip, nothing on anyone else on the list.

From what was reported, interviews happened during the week.  Would they do another interview on a Sunday?  I think they have their choice and as stated will be a press conference soon as to who it is.