Which Mike Riley loss hurt the most

Which Mike Riley Loss hurt the most?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

NIU was a microcosm for his entire tenure (here, an everywhere else he's been).  No energy, no leadership, not willing to change something that isnt working.  Poor play calling, poor clock management, and the list goes on.  And i started noticing that he was using the phrase "it's hard" in most of his press conferences.  Maybe this isnt the profession for you, Mike, if it's that hard to beat NIU.

• Plus1 2

NIU for me too. I took that game the hardest. That game eliminated the last glimmer of hope as far as what we had as a team. As far as I was concerned it eliminated us from bowl eligibility, really the bare minimum of what I wanted this season. After that I thought Wisky would be closer than it ended up being but I didn't think we were gonna win, so not that hard to take. OSU I knew would be bad so it was more of a dentist appointment than a game, again, saw it coming just a matter of how bad it would be. 

In terms of hurt meaning any remaining faith in Riley, it was last week against UW. If he wins that, we're in the driver's seat for the West, its a quality win, and creates recruiting enthusiasm. I still wouldn't have expected a win against OSU, but it would've been considered a mulligan with a still solid chance of winning the West.

17 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I'm gonna say BYU in 2015, because it really laid a lot of doubt into my head about Riley and his staff and their ability to build a winner at NU. It started from game 1 for me. 

Same here. As much as I was behind the hire, my immediate thought after the three minutes of blank shock was “maybe I was wrong”.

On 10/14/2017 at 11:44 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

I'm gonna say BYU in 2015, because it really laid a lot of doubt into my head about Riley and his staff and their ability to build a winner at NU. It started from game 1 for me. 

For me, I'd say Miami a couple weeks later. I still held onto the slightest shred of hope until that one.

NIU was a different emotion. Not so much hurt at that point as screaming out "MAKE IT STOP!!!"

Edited by Toe

25 minutes ago, Stu said:

I chose last week.

After seeing the stadium so dang empty during the 3rd quarter... I mean I've never seen that before.  

That was a slap of reality of how far they've fallen. 

2007 Oklahoma State. "A lot of legroom in Memorial Stadium," as Matt Davison put it that day, and it was one of the few times I've ever turned off a Husker game. As Davision said, "It's not that they weren't being supportive of the team, it's that they were sick to their stomachs!"