Since starting 7-0 last season...

Saunders

Since starting 7-0 last season, the Huskers have gone 5-8.

Wisconsin  17 - 23 OT (L)

Ohio State 3 - 62 (L)

Minnesota 24-17 (W)

Maryland 28 - 7 (W)

Iowa 10 - 40 (L)

Tennessee 24 - 38 (L)

Arkansas State 43 - 36 (W)

Oregon 35 - 42 (L)

Northern Illinois 17 - 21 (L)

Rutgers 27 - 17 (W)

Illinois 28 - 6 (W)

Wisconsin 17 - 38 (L)

Ohio State 14 - 56 (L)

Damn that's depressing.

• Plus1 1

Yeah but look at that impressive list of the 5 we have beaten

Minnesota

Maryland

Arkansas State

Rutgers

Illinois

:facepalm:

And don’t forget, a few of those 8 losses were closer than 30 or 40 points.

We’re practically almost as good as Oregon State.

Anyone who says we’re mediocre or middling is being hella generous. We are flat out terrible and getting worse by the week.

• Plus1 4

1 hour ago, Saunders said:

Since starting 7-0 last season, the Huskers have gone 5-8.

Wisconsin  17 - 23 OT (L)

Ohio State 3 - 62 (L)

Minnesota 24-17 (W)

Maryland 28 - 7 (W)

Iowa 10 - 40 (L)

Tennessee 24 - 38 (L)

Arkansas State 43 - 36 (W)

Oregon 35 - 42 (L)

Northern Illinois 17 - 21 (L)

Rutgers 27 - 17 (W)

Illinois 28 - 6 (W)

Wisconsin 17 - 38 (L)

Ohio State 14 - 56 (L)

Damn that's depressing.

They must need more antibiotics for the toxins

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

According to scientific mathematical calculations, Nebraska is certain to win its next game...see the formula below:

-L

W-W

L-L

W-W

L-L

???

Following the rules of Concurrancy (which I have just made up), the next result will be a W!!!

Bet the house people!

Nice thought, but I think it will be ..

Bye, and maybe Buh-Bye to MR. 

After thinking through recent history, I think this team finishes a strong 4-1 or even 5-0. It's been the trend since Riley has been here. The team always looks completely different at the end of the year from the beginning. In '15 we stumbled through Purdue then finished really well. Last season we start off pretty well in the non con especially, then flailed to the finish line after the Wisconsin loss. Could we see another turnaround happen this season? I think it is entirely possible given our talent level compared to the rest of the schedule and considering we really have nowhere to go but up. I know we've looked so bad but it would be entirely Riley to finish really strong. In no way does that save his job, but I could definitely see it happening. Could give the next coach a little positive moJo going into next season. 

7 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

After thinking through recent history, I think this team finishes a strong 4-1 or even 5-0. It's been the trend since Riley has been here. The team always looks completely different at the end of the year from the beginning. In '15 we stumbled through Purdue then finished really well. Last season we start off pretty well in the non con especially, then flailed to the finish line after the Wisconsin loss. Could we see another turnaround happen this season? I think it is entirely possible given our talent level compared to the rest of the schedule and considering we really have nowhere to go but up. I know we've looked so bad but it would be entirely Riley to finish really strong. In no way does that save his job, but I could definitely see it happening. Could give the next coach a little positive moJo going into next season. 

I think we'll be lucky to win more than 2

• Plus1 2
16 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

I agree with this thought, but those changes have happened when the sitting AD was in full support.  The change in AD shakes the team up too.  The players have to be wondering what's next.