Think back to when Riley was hired...

I really don't remember exactly what I said but I didn't know who he was. However, I think Echorst panicked and grabbed someone he knew that could calm the fan base right away and Rikey did that. It was refreshing to have that calm on the sidelines. I don't think he was brought in to win games. He was simply Husker fan damage control. Too sad. 

2 hours ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

And there is zero way any of us should have to Google the head coach that's coming to Nebraska. We should know who that person is very well. If I have to Google someone to figure out who it is, it probably isn't going to end well. 

But he came with rave reviews from ESPN??? 

1. Who is MR

2. After researching the guy - Oh no! We are doomed!

3. After hearing SE say the checkbook is open to get the best assistants, and waiting for the assistants to be hired - Oh no! We are doomed!

4. Hoping that MR wouldn't win 7 or 8 games every year - just enough to keep his job while also keeping NU football irrelevant

I was mad. I live in a pac 12 state so his games at oregon state were always on tv here. The dude had been trending down for years and used an upset over usc to cover up a lot of blowouts and a losing conference record.

I couldn't believe this was the hire after SE said they were going to open up the checkbook.

At least the guy will be gone soon.

My current signature is exactly what I posted that day.

If you have signatures turned off, this is what it says:

"My reactions today, in order: Denial, shock, underwhelmed, skeptical. I still feel all of these things. I cannot say he would have been my first choice, or second,
or third, or, well, any choice.... completely off my radar"

Edited by CheeseHusker