Think back to when Riley was hired...

1.  Like a very few on HB I actually knew who Riley was. I still am amazed at how many people had no who he was.

2.  I wasn't sure at first, but I knew MR had good years at Oregon State in the past. I had no clue about his assistants and how he had done in his past few years at Oregon State. As I saw more info come out, I wasn't excited about the hire as it was clear the Eichorst was basically hiring the exact opposite of Pelini.  I will never be a fan of the West Coast Offense and statue QB's in the college game, and I was told by an Oregon State alum and former player that Banker was terrible. 

I was in my A and K class at UNK when I heard the announcement. I also knew who he was. Didn’t have to use Google. 

My first 5 minutes of processing

1. Omg

2. Billy C version 2

3. Wait.....

4. Isn’t he the guy that always gets the “respected” label?

5. He had marginal success at Oregon State, this could be alright.

Yeeesh

Edited by Coach Power'T

On 10/15/2017 at 9:58 AM, teachercd said:

What were you first two or three thoughts, be honest.

Mine were...

1.  I don't think this tweet is accurate

2.  Wow, seems like an odd hire

1. You have to be kidding me

2. Here comes recruting hype guy

3. Defense will be an afterthought 

I remember being mad, especially after the gold which was the sock puppet rides.  I was so pumped during the entire process and all the speculation.  Get to my car one afternoon literally as it was first reported and said to myself "what the f#*k."  Couldn't remember on the spot where he coached until 1620 mentioned "Mike Riley of Oregon State." That says something with how vested I am with college football and hiring a P5 coach.  Knowing well they've sucked the last few years I couldn't figure out the formula to the decision.  Now we all know it was a ginger assasine and mike is who we thought he was!  But it was a sad day for sure with some of the names being thrown out.  Hell my sports book had 15 names on there but not Mike, safe to say they cashed in.  

2 hours ago, Redux said:

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/72614-the-sock-puppet-rides/&page=48

Start at this post and read onwards.  Absolute gold.

Some great stuff in that thread:

On 12/4/2014 at 10:49 AM, olddominionhusker said:

This is the way the program ends.....

Not with a bang but a whimper.

Seriously SE. Tell your masters at Wisconsin your work here is done. You have driven in the final nail.

• Plus1 1