Think back to when Riley was hired...

I was kinda pissed.  I thought to myself "You fire Bo after not firing him last year and THIS is who you hire immediately?".  I came around though, I knew who he was and was familiar with his OSU tenure.  I thought "Okay, this hire makes sense if they are assembling a super staff".  Then they didnt........and my optimism went into remission.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, San Diego Husker said:

Tressel is damaged goods and no P5 conference can hire him due to his handling of OSU issues.  Frost, when asked was not interested in the NU job at the time.

I know, but hiring Tressel still would have been very exciting. Didn't know Frost said these things. 

1) Definitely confused and worried that he was the best we could do.

2) Cautiously hopeful that we found a diamond in the rough who could ramp up our recruiting and take the next step with our resources.

I’m anxious and nervous for the next hire. I keep thinking about that anonymous coach who told Athlon how bad this job is and I’m hoping we can still attract a big time coach.