Who do you want as Interim?

Who Becomes Interim and Why?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No reason to create more turmoil.  It is obvious the kids like the coach.  I don't see them quitting on the coach.  I see them excited when good things happen.   It does not appear that Coach Riley does much in game coaching or controlling of the attack.  Firing coaches is not good.  Especially mid season.  Screams desperation, and others look at that and wonder how long it would take for that to pointed at them if they took the job.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Lannyw said:

Why does everyone continue to mention Les Miles as a head coach candidate? Dude was a head coaching liability at LSU, with all the talent they had should’ve won more titles. Hell even Orgeron is winning with that talent, just think if he knew how to coach, they would be top 5. Miles is not the answer here.

Agree, and I want someone young. At Miles age you wonder if he has the passion for winning, or is just getting his retirement finances in order. In the past, I heard of a 62 year old coach moving from the west coat to the heart land for a 5 year contract and a big raise. That guy didn't do anything good with the football team, but he is set for retirement.

18 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Keep Riley. If we want to do anything we should fire Langsdorf and make Mike take over the offense the rest of the year

Because firing Banker and hiring Diaco really changed things for the defense. It's almost like there's a common denominator here...like the same head coach or something

Just now, Morrissey said:

Because firing Banker and hiring Diaco really changed things for the defense. It's almost like there's a common denominator here...like the same head coach or something

Am I advocating we keep Riley past this season? No. Firing him now does nothing but upset the players. We would look worse than we do now with Diaco running the show imo. At least getting rid of or maybe just demoting Langs will possibly result in better play calling so it doesn't look so ugly before the next guy comes and cleans it up. It's pretty clear we will have a new head coach next year so really it doesn't matter what we do with this situation. It's now or later. I just think later results in less damage control.

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Am I advocating we keep Riley past this season? No. Firing him now does nothing but upset the players. We would look worse than we do now with Diaco running the show imo. At least getting rid of or maybe just demoting Langs will possibly result in better play calling so it doesn't look so ugly before the next guy comes and cleans it up. It's pretty clear we will have a new head coach next year so really it doesn't matter what we do with this situation. It's now or later. I just think later results in less damage control.

Ah, I get what you're saying but I'm not sure how could they get any worse than last night...regardless of who's coach lol

Diaco seems to believe in his guys and wants to make them better; that's the impression I get from his post-game interviews, at least. He is well-spoken and genuine; and the team could use a guy like that as an interim. Now, with that said, I don't believe in his system, and would not want to retain him after this season, but i truly believe he will fight for his team and try his best to put his players in a position to 'improve & develop' if nothing else.

MR, to me, at least, seems emotionally drained and done with it all (although it might just seem that way because we obviously had no shot for the entirety of the 60 minutes last night); but I've seen this from him at moments in other games throughout this season, and even during moments late last season. I understand the argument that "we are paying him regardless, may as well have him finish out his job" but he may be doing more harm than good... or perhaps there is a person on the staff that can better manage player morale/development for the remainder of the season.