sunday morning

I for sure thought I would wake up this morning to the headlines reading Mike Riley Fired, lol oh well.  Anyways husker fans, how are you all feeling? I was listening to big red overreaction last night and Steve Taylor was talking about we lost to NIU, got blown out at home twice in two weeks, the fans made a mass exodus to their cars during half time, and the AD being fired,  all this indicates that Riley is not coming back...

I also listened to to the players post game, Chris Weber, and Tanner Lee did not try and defend their coaches, they both said they understood why the fans left, and why they were upset. Riley does not have control over this team, and this team has no confidence in the coaches, or themselves. I understand players play, but football is mostly mental. I feel bad for the kids, I feel bad for Husker nation, I feel bad for all the former players and coaches who built this program and have to watch it be decimated. 

I don't know if S. Frost is the answer, I believe he will be better than our last three hires though, that is if he came here.  Frost could put his name in Husker lore until perpetuity if he rebuilt this program.

On another note, I heard Riley talking about this being a building year... What were the last two years for then? I understand not wanted to upset Bo's players, but they did go 5-7 his first year, year one and two Riley could have pulled this stuff, but year three improvement needs to be seen. Which i see none...

1 minute ago, InOmaha said:

Did Riley plan on firing one or two assistants a year then call the next year a rebuilding year because of coaching changes?

Then next year will be a rebuilding year with or without him.  Because he'll sacrifice Langs and Cav at the end of the year for another rebuilding shot.

He brought in his coaches, this is on him.