Bill Moos named AD

2 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Two things.  1.  He got fired from Oregon because he ran afoul of Phil Knight.  2.  He wasn't on the list of names in another post.  Just goes to show that nobody knows what's happening at the university no matter what they say.  

I kind of like that he took on Knight even if he lost.  

• Plus1 3

I liked him from the press conference couple things stood out

• Nebraska used to be hunted but isn't anymore. Need to get back to where schools circle the Nebraska game on the schedule
  • All sports are expected to compete for championships
  • Explained hiring process, hired Leach to try to gain enthusiasm to put people in the seats.  Different situations require different criteria.

Also liked the panel that Chancellor Green made of current players, former players, current coaches etc..  

• Plus1 2

I like this new AD.  He looks like someone who sit down and have a beer with you. He loves football-quality football. I also liked the fact that the Search Committee invited student athletes, coaches like John Cook-definite winner, as well as last coaches-TO and former players. I like this guy's 'open door' policy and that he wants to be available to the fans and media. I'm sure he's already had an earful of 'we want Scott Frost to come home'. If Scott is the best fit for NU this guy can get him. We'll see. 

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, Dagerow said:

How come no one has mentioned Chip Kelly?  Got to think he is a possibility for HC considering his connection to the new AD.

Because he left Oregon the year Chip Kelly was hired as an offensive coordinator at Oregon. Also, Frost wasn't hired on at Oregon until 2009 so neither Kelly or Frost have any connections to Moos.

As I am a Corvallis, Oregon native I know both Bill Moose and Mike Riley.......not best friends but have met them both socially.  I think you'll like Moose, the man.  He has a good reputation, very friendly and has done a very good job at WSU.  Those that have mentioned that Kilkenny had more to do with Chip Kelly's hire and money brought in are correct.  Moose got on the bad side of Phil Knight because of the basketball program as I remember. 

The problem with Moose may be the fact that he and Mike Riley have pretty much the same personality and I think they're friends!  I can't imagine that he didn't promise to fire Riley on day one, but it was a surprise that out of all the ADs in the country they'd pick Moose!  Just hope Riley doesn't snow Moose with the "give me another year....I've got great recruits" BS.

Not to mention Kelly does not like to recruit. 

I think Moos is a very good fit for Nebraska. He just seems like someone that would be a good fit for not only the University but the people of Nebraska in general. 

Like that he said he's going to be visible and accessible to the fanbase and media.   I actually get the sense that he enjoys that part of the job... polar opposite of Eichorst. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Luvmaui said:

As I am a Corvallis, Oregon native I know both Bill Moose and Mike Riley.......not best friends but have met them both socially.  I think you'll like Moose, the man.  He has a good reputation, very friendly and has done a very good job at WSU.  Those that have mentioned that Kilkenny had more to do with Chip Kelly's hire and money brought in are correct.  Moose got on the bad side of Phil Knight because of the basketball program as I remember. 

The problem with Moose may be the fact that he and Mike Riley have pretty much the same personality and I think they're friends!  I can't imagine that he didn't promise to fire Riley on day one, but it was a surprise that out of all the ADs in the country they'd pick Moose!  Just hope Riley doesn't snow Moose with the "give me another year....I've got great recruits" BS.

Thanks for sharing. I don't get the 'same personality as Mike Rikey' comparison though. This guy seems tough. Riley is kind of soft to me. Mr. Moos seems like someone who would play smashmouth football vs. Riley's 'finess' type of football. I also don't think the NU administration will let Riley stay not after the season we've had so far.