Bill Moos named AD

2 hours ago, huskered17 said:

Well what I just read says he got Phil K to put 100 mil for the basketball arena.

GBR!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Oregon_Ducks_athletic_directors

Granted it's wikipedia, but guess who they gave credit to for building Matthew Knight Arena.  Hint:  It's not Moos.

14 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

The picture shows that Frost makes good choices. You don't have to be faster then the bulls, just your buddies.

I did it.  You just have to be more sober than somebody.  That's pretty easy ;)

2 hours ago, Bad2theBONES said:

if we end up hiring Frost, I sure hope he is the solver and savior of all our problems like everyone seems to think on here. I mean, I do like the guy and think he would be a good hire. I just think a lot of people are a little more optimistic than I on believing he will come here and make us the next Alabama in the five years or less we will give this guy before we can him. Now that we are terrible we all say that we just want to consistantly win the west and go to the conference championship regularly. But let's be honest, unless he consitantly has only one or two losses a year, our fans won't be happy, just like with some of the other past coaches. I'm not quite sure that even if Saban was our head coach and Urban Meyer was an assistant coach that our program and its many challenges would be able to convert our program to the level of Alabama or Ohio State. But hey, I do like the thought of my future unborn children being able to see Nebraska compete again in ten or so years. Fingers crossed.... I just am not calling anyone our savior and don't expect one person to come in and do miracles. 

I think most fans have come to their senses and as long as it's a decent performing team we won't hear that crap anymore.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, southernoregonhusker said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Oregon_Ducks_athletic_directors

Granted it's wikipedia, but guess who they gave credit to for building Matthew Knight Arena.  Hint:  It's not Moos.

I did it.  You just have to be more sober than somebody.  That's pretty easy ;)

One of the local Nebraska news stations had it on their list of accomplishments for Mr. Moos. Boy it sounds like you really have it in for him!

Just a small correction to an earlier post saying that Moose brought Phil Knight to Oregon.  Phil Knight graduated from Oregon and Stanford.  He ran track at Oregon and co-founded Nike with his track coach.  He's given billions of dollars to both schools and has always been actively involved at Oregon.

7 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Why do we keep hiring people from the PAC12? They are insignificant at best compared to all the other power five leagues. The only person I would take from that league is Scott Frost who is a product of Tom Osborne. I do not know the guy but having experienced what the PAC12 offers, I am not sure he is the answer. We will see if he is depending on what he does with the HC of the football team. 

Because they always beat our best teams in the Rose Bowl?

For those questioning why Moos would leave at this point in his career.  Here's another possibility, what if he looked at this job as the perfect opportunity to higher a coach that helps Us and Washington State at the same time?  I would guess anything he could do to weaken the Huskies would make his day.  Are we willing to pay over 5 mil a year for Petersen? 

Watched the press conference and post press conference interviews. I really get a genuine good vibe by the way he talks like he isn't a complete phony spitting obvious fake stuff he doesn't really believe in. The only thing I found concerning for what he said was that he has a short list of names if he were to hire a head coach. Doesn't completely count Frost out but it concerns me that our next head coach again won't be a national search for a big name guy but instead another AD quick, uninteresting hire. 

2 hours ago, ladyhawke said:

One of the local Nebraska news stations had it on their list of accomplishments for Mr. Moos. Boy it sounds like you really have it in for him!

I don't have it in for him.  I wanted somebody more accomplished.  Did he do well at Oregon?  He did, but the next guy in line did light years more in less time.  Had Nebraska hired him (Kilkenny), I'd be dancing the River Dance right now.  That guy hired the baseball coach away from Cal State Fullerton.  That guy hired the current softball coach that has made Oregon a Top 5 team.  That guy hired Dana Altman.  He built the basketball arena and baseball field.  And then there's all of those football facilities that kids drool at when they visit.  Did I mention he was only AD for three years?  That's the guy I want. 

As for Moos, ask yourself what you know about WAZZU athletics.  Is WAZZU a sports juggernaut?  Not even close.  Besides football, I can't think of another sport, men's or women's, where they are top half of the Pac 12, and Moos has been there for seven years.  I think it's a mediocre hire and I fear he was way down on the list.  

Don't get me wrong, I want him to succeed.  I yearn for our Huskers to be a perennial Top 15 team again.  I also want to see other sports do well.  I hope my knee jerk reaction is wrong.