Bill Moos named AD

1 hour ago, grandpasknee said:

Just so I'm clear.  If Moos hires anyone other than Frost, you'll consider that a f'up hire?  Pretty narrow window there if so.   I have Frost so far at the top of my "want" list that he's two pages ahead of anyone else.  But if Moos winds up hiring someone else (heck Frost may not want to come here even if offered), I'm willing to get on board.

I'm on board with any hire that isn't out of left field like Mike Riley. Give me someone with an impressive long term resume that is also young and can build a team and actually gets into the game. That being said, Frost should be our first option and if that means giving him a paycheck of 8M a year to accept it then so be it. If I have to look up a coach again then my blood will reach damn near boiling point. I also find it hard to believe Frost would choose a different school over us reading his 2005 article that basically fits in like a puzzle piece to this years season. Frost is a competitor that wants to win championships, he isn't going to be doing that at a group of 5 school. UCF fans talk about how we are unstable after firing 9 win head coaches and Mike Riley possibly (hopefully) after 3 seasons. Yes Solich was mostly a bad move but Scott Frost is one of us and baring some ugly 0-12, 3-9 etc seasons, most fans would be willing to give Scott Frost 5-7 YEARS before calling for his head like we do with Riley. 

Edited by FearAmeer

2 hours ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I am willing to accept anyone but Frost if Frost is offered and declines. But if it's for a reason such as not offering him enough, he goes elsewhere before we talk with him, we hire someone else and he wants the job, then I will be highly highly disappointed.

I wholly agree with you there.  If he wants to come, and we whiff, that would be extremely agitating.....and unacceptable.

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, FearAmeer said:

I'm on board with any hire that isn't out of left field like Mike Riley. Give me someone with an impressive long term resume that is also young and can build a team and actually gets into the game. That being said, Frost should be our first option and if that means giving him a paycheck of 8M a year to accept it then so be it. If I have to look up a coach again then my blood will reach damn near boiling point. I also find it hard to believe Frost would choose a different school over us reading his 2005 article that basically fits in like a puzzle piece to this years season. Frost is a competitor that wants to win championships, he isn't going to be doing that at a group of 5 school. UCF fans talk about how we are unstable after firing 9 win head coaches and Mike Riley possibly (hopefully) after 3 seasons. Yes Solich was mostly a bad move but Scott Frost is one of us and baring some ugly 0-12, 3-9 etc seasons, most fans would be willing to give Scott Frost 5-7 YEARS before calling for his head like we do with Riley. 

At this point for many of you, anybody that isn't Frost will be "out of left field".

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

It sounds like Riley and Moos know each other well, perhaps friends? I'm wondering if hiring Moos makes sense if the strategy is to negotiate Riley's retirement and save some $'s. 

i am way behind in this thread......but does anyone find it odd that we settled on Moos so quickly?  seems that only yesterday we paid an outside agency to conduct a search for a new AD......and bahm...we had one in just a couple of weeks??  i am guessing this was done before we made the announcement???

The more I think about this hire the more I like it.  Someone with a nice temperament,proven track record of success,and he appears to be a cultural fit.  If this mentality goes forward with the hiring of the next coaching staff we have sunny days ahead.  I'm not sold on Frost and truly hope that the search is much,much broader than must have played for us.  

8 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

i am way behind in this thread......but does anyone find it odd that we settled on Moos so quickly?  seems that only yesterday we paid an outside agency to conduct a search for a new AD......and bahm...we had one in just a couple of weeks??  i am guessing this was done before we made the announcement???

It was a little quicker than I thought it would be and I have yet to learn who else was seriously in the running. 

20 minutes ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

It was a little quicker than I thought it would be and I have yet to learn who else was seriously in the running. 

I think there were other candidates interviewed, but those candidates were kept confidential to protect them in their current job.  With the help of a search firm and Bounds & Green knowing what they wanted, it's not hard to have a few key candidates identified quickly and go through the process in a few weeks.  The timing of the hire gives Moos a little over a month with the Athletic Department before he will (most likely) fire Riley and bring in the new head coach.  I am sure Moos is already working through agents of coaches he would like to hire.

• Plus1 1