Bill Moos named AD

One last note for the anti-Moos crowd, specifically the ones comparing this to the Riley hire. Riley left Oregon State coming off a 5-7 season and had three losing seasons in his last five years at Corvalis.

Moos left Montana, Oregon and Washington State all in much better spots than when he found them. And Nebraska currently is in a much better spot than those schools were at the time Moos was hired.

Again, I'm not saying this is an A+ hire that will work perfectly. Let's see what Moos does though and give him a shot.

Edited by Hans Gruber
Spelling error
  • Plus1 3

I live up here in Cougar territory and it's a mixed bag of feelings up here about that one.  On paper he seems like a semi decent higher but the WSU fan base up here is wishy washy as hell.  They expect there teams to fail so when they manage to have a good season the band wagon fans come out of the wood work.  Only time will tell but I will say he will have his aggenda and he will spend the money so that's a positive in the right direction.  I don't think it will equate to a Frosty hire but who's to say.  I really hope this works out for DONU cause we need stability for a long period of time.

4 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Coach Read was a sub .500 coach when hired at Montana.  Can you imagine Moos hiring a sub-.500 coach?  The board would go nuclear.  

Read was also the father of our old ST catch, Bruce Read.....

Seems he bought in serious donor money to Oregon during his time there.  Like doubled it.....

How often does an AD bring along his HC?  I was leaning towards White for the Frost connection, but not to excited about Leach....3-9, 6-6, 3-9, 9-4, 6-1........  .661 winning percentage at TT and .500 at Washington St to date.....On the record I hope it's not Leach....

• Plus1 1

Just now, lo country said:

Read was also the father of our old ST catch, Bruce Read.....

Seems he bought in serious donor money to Oregon during his time there.  Like doubled it.....

How often does an AD bring along his HC?  I was leaning towards White for the Frost connection, but not to excited about Leach....3-9, 6-6, 3-9, 9-4, 6-1........  .661 winning percentage at TT and .500 at Washington St to date.....On the record I hope it's not Leach....

AD's generally don't bring their football coach along with them. They aren't directly related. Leach is probably really happy at WSU. He can be his own guy and do things his way. 

Will wait and see. Kind of out of nowhere, but I’m optimistic and I like his résumé.

I don’t want Leach though. He has gotten more out of less, but his teams always drop games they shouldn’t and his offenses usually take several games to get in rhythm. He’s funny, and I think small town media gives him a break because of it. He would be eaten alive by our media.

I don’t know if the AD hire means we are bringing him too, but I hope not.