Realistic Coaching Hires with the AD

20 minutes ago, BartonHusker said:

Bohl has done a LOT since then.  Coaches grow, they can get better. Those that can't grow are no longer around. Bohl is definitely still around.  

What has he done specifically that qualifies him for a job like that at Nebraska? Forget the fact he’s a former Nebraska guy. Has he dominated his conferences? Has he made appearances in the FBS playoffs? Has he taken teams to New Years Day bowls? 

Sorry, I’m not seeing how he is markedly different than Riley or Pelini or virtually any “good” run of the mill coach.

3 hours ago, jessica0 said:

It is clear he was brought in to build the football program back up. That means Riley is basically already fired without being fired yet. 

Chip Kelly, IMO, now becomes a realistic candidate because of the connection from Oregon. 

Realistic:

Chip Kelly

Frost

Utah caoch

Navy coach (might be pushing it, but still a solid coach)

His focus will be to build the football program back up so I suspect he goes with someone that is a bright football mind. 

This has chip Kelly written all over it 

19 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

You think he's worth 3-3.5 mil.  Based on what?  How much would an actual Chip Kelly cost?  I love the idea of Scott Frost, I'm just not sure he's worth 3.5 mil at this time.  

He's likely to be a hot commodity after the season, I think it might take around $4 million.

Fleck was hired for 3.5 at Minnesota, Brohm for 3.3 at Purdue for example.

Edited by alwayshusking