Realistic Coaching Hires with the AD

9 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

I wonder if Scott has already been approached as well and he's on hold until his contract is over. Interesting. 

I bet the administration hasn't but he has a bunch of Husker contacts.....if you pass them say "Frost!" and see if they smile. 

Edit-For all we know they're going a different direction and every guess will be wrong, like it was for AD.

Edited by Hayseed
  • Plus1 1

4 hours ago, MichiganDad3 said:

I found 11 kids from 2016 in that list, 6 from 2015, 6 from 2014. If we keep those kids, we are much better. But I also think there are some very good kids that haven't completely developed enough to be highly recruited. That is where a network can help identify kids with potential. Give those kids 3 years in the NU weight room, and some of them will be contributors.

Kyle Emanuel from Schuyler, Ne who graduated in 2008 and won four championships with North Dakota State as a DE and now plays NFL for the Chargers. NDSU career record holder with 69 tackles for loss and tied the career mark of 41 sacks...Finished his career sixth in FCS history and fourth in Missouri Valley Football Conference history with 35.5 career sacks…Played in all 61 career games including 49 starts...The Bison went 58-3 in his career with four conference championships and four NCAA national titles.

There is plenty of kids like this that are from small towns and get overlooked and don't go to DI colleges. 

• Plus1 3

I would take Kyle Whittingham over all of them.  Stoops is not coming here to die.  He is concerned with health and family.  This place is far more stressful than Oklahoma.

But anyone thinking that Coach Osborne has not talked to Scott Frost has no idea of their relationship.   Not saying he has been offered or anything of the such.  But I would bet a years pay they have talked.'

I do not personally know Coach Frost, but do know he is very important to Coach Osborne.   Personally I think Coach Frost coming to Nebraska will fall mostly on Coach Osborne and his recommendation, not to Nebraska but Scott.  I am not sure he would tell him to come at this time.   

I am sure that last weekend when his former teammates were all in Lincoln for the 20 year bash, he was texted, face timed and all other sorts of communication.  He is very aware of the situation.     

We have get back to respectable before we get to super once again.  This is also with our coaching search as well.  The fact that anyone thinks we can get a guy like Shaw, is not being realistic.  Realistic is getting a guy who wants to be here, and wants to make Nebraska great, not themselves.  It really only comes down to one guy that fits that criteria.  I however would settle for that person who could restore the program back and if they chose to move on for another job, then at least we would have a leg to stand on this time.

52 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I understand your concern, but how many power 5 head coaches who are actually "successful" are in a place to leave their current school in favor of another? It just doesn't happen very often. 

Yea I  know,  Its wishful thinking from my end.  At least Frost would be a solid pick if he keeps up the strong season.  

My guess is that sufficient conversations have been had between the Frost camp and the University to know pretty well if Scott would be interested and what it would take to get him here if he is interested.  He's got a great thing going at UCF and would not jeopardize this year by letting anything out of the bag, even hints or suspicions at this point.  But the fear of "waiting till the last minute" are moot.  U.N.-L. already knows whether or not he's interested and if he is, they've done all they can to lock it up and not be johnny come lately to the Frost courting dance.

Matt Campbell at ISU would be a solid hire if we strike out on any big names. I really think Moos is going to find the right guy. I also think he will be influenced to make a run at Frost. The guy is a winner and would at a minimum unite husker nation once again immediately. We would all root for him period. 

• Plus1 2

Ideally I would love to see a guy come in that runs a navy/New Mexico and Wisconsin/Stanford blended offense. 

GaTech is the proof you can’t just go full flexbone mode.

I don’t know if that guy exists...but the closest guy to it is Troy Calhoun. I know NU isnt going there. Wish he’d get a look.

My list after Frost

1. David Shaw

2. Troy Calhoun

3. New Mexico version of Bob Davie

• Plus1 1