Realistic Coaching Hires with the AD

3 minutes ago, neepster said:

Please.  Give up the “no true Scotsman” BS.  Just because some fans are disillusioned after 15 years of god awful results does not make them any less of a “true” fan than you.

25 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

I'm not much of a fan now.  

Anything else? 

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

Fine.  I'm not trying to convince anyone to follow me.  I'm just tired.  It's no fun being a fan any more.  I need a boost. 

Why were you a fan to begin with? Was it just the winning from the last 30 years of the 1900s?  Well, I'm a fan because I was born and raised in Nebraska and I am a proud alumni of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. The Cornhuskers represent my school and my home state and my extended family. Maybe get back to those roots, and you will be able to still be a fan with or without Scott Frost. 

• Plus1 3

40 minutes ago, Sgt Red said:

I think he would do well here but I'm not going to claim he is the last hope. Or that my outsider wisdom is greater then those in control. 

I think it’s more that we know who he is and are tired of unpleasant surprises from mystery hires.

The problem has been promising the moon and getting stuck with the only stranger who didn’t secretly turn us down.

I think you can understand that sentiment.

The new problem is a huge investigation into coaches with amazing support from the shoe industry who always seem to draw the top recruits to Muddy Gulch.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I think it’s more that we know who he is and are tired of unpleasant surprises from mystery hires.

The problem has been promising the moon and getting stuck with the only stranger who didn’t secretly turn us down.

I think you can understand that sentiment.

The new problem is a huge investigation into coaches with amazing support from the shoe industry who always seem to draw the top recruits to Muddy Gulch.

I'm not opposed to SF being our next coach but I'm not opposed to giving MR more time.  He would need to change OC, OL, and RB coach for me to say it is worth the risk.

3 minutes ago, Zeke said:

That was 20 years ago

18 hours ago, Husker NoNo said:

From my uninformed eye, this looks to have become a two coach search: Kelly & Frost. It will be interesting to see how this plays out!

I would agree with this. With Moos's Pac 10 experience and specifically Ore, one would suspect that Kelly and Frost would be topping any list wt Shaw right behind.  My top 2 would be Frost or Shaw - perhaps Shaw as # 1 due to experience.  I see him as the Pac 10's version of Wisc, who is the Big 10 version of the Big 8/12's Nebraska.   I would be thrilled wt either Shaw (proven experience) or Frost (great potential) and moderately excited about Kelly.   

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I would agree with this. With Moos's Pac 10 experience and specifically Ore, one would suspect that Kelly and Frost would be topping any list wt Shaw right behind.  My top 2 would be Frost or Shaw - perhaps Shaw as # 1 due to experience.  I see him as the Pac 10's version of Wisc, who is the Big 10 version of the Big 8/12's Nebraska.   I would be thrilled wt either Shaw (proven experience) or Frost (great potential) and moderately excited about Kelly.   

I don't care who the coach is.  The defense is what is the problem.

• Plus1 3
Just now, StPaulHusker said:

I don't care who the coach is.  The defense is what is the problem.

That is what Tom said in '07.  We got Bo.  Which worked out fine for the first few years. Then Suh and that 2009 team graduated. After 2010 it was down hill.   That seems like a long time ago and a lot of bad losses.  Bo gets fired due to his personality and blow out losses.  We lose more traction under MR. 

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

That is what Tom said in '07.  We got Bo.  Which worked out fine for the first few years. Then Suh and that 2009 team graduated. After 2010 it was down hill.   That seems like a long time ago and a lot of bad losses.  Bo gets fired due to his personality and blow out losses.  We lose more traction under MR. 

Bo didn't hire a good DC the entire time he was at Nebraska

• Plus1 1
Just now, StPaulHusker said:

Bo didn't hire a good DC the entire time he was at Nebraska

Yes, I think he didn't want to be over shadowed.  Imagine someone like Foster from Va Tech being our DC.  He has more star power than Bo had.  With a weak DC, Bo could still be considered the defense guru - but it didn't work out so well.  JP was terrible after Carl.