Realistic Coaching Hires with the AD

13 hours ago, El Diaco said:

Hey, I’m not saying he is horrible or even a bad coach. I realize he had some success at NDSU. But he hasn’t really done anything at Wyoming and, being in the stands at Boulder in 2001, I can say he had no clue as a DC on how to slow them down and didn’t even attempt any adjustments. If he makes the top ten considerations list for Nebraska, the list sucks. We have to shoot much much higher IMO.

Trust me I don't want him at Nebraska either.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Isle of View said:

Fine.  I'm not trying to convince anyone to follow me.  I'm just tired.  It's no fun being a fan any more.  I need a boost. 

It wasn't much fun being a cubs fan all my life until the last couple of years, however I never said "I wasn't much of a fan" in those many many years. I stick by the team's I love and cheer for them regardless. True fandom.

• Plus1 2

14 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

I agree that the defense is a major problem (8 consecutive TDs, not scoring drives, but TDs!), but have you seen our offense? Of course you haven't - no one has!

Last 2 games:  Opponents have 9 more TDs than we do.  Let that sink in - in only 2 games.

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

While the offense has been inept, there is at least a game plan.  They may not be executing but I can see what they are trying to do.

When I see the defense, I have no clue why players are doing things they are doing and I'm not alone.  TV broadcasters question it too.

Yeah, I agree with this. I think the pendulum's swung the other way again. I can write this off as year one of Diaco's 3-4, but we're going to have to see some brighter performances from them soon. Had the Wisconsin game not ended the way it did, I'd feel differently  -- OSU is a steamroller. But it was really the carryover from that 21-pt Wisconsin 4th quarter. There's plainly some talent on the D, but they're too easily exploited.

On offense, I wish we had more RBs in the stable and a deeper pool of pass catchers. We're hurting at the skill positions right now, especially at TE I think. At WR it's more the depth.

9 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Forget Shaw!  That guys is at his home!  Stanford is his home.  NO amount of money brings him in here.  I keep reading that, and that won't happen.  Reality check time again, We don't get someone who is already winning in a power 5 conference.  

I think someone read the thread title as "Unrealistic Head Coaches.. "

3 hours ago, Isle of View said:

A true fan would never use the ignore function.

No a true fan would never use the bolded phrase.

6 hours ago, Isle of View said:

I'm not much of a fan now.  I was a true Husker football fan for about 35 years when we played true Husker football.  In the 14 years since Pederson killed Husker football, I haven't been a good fan.  Frost is the last hope to resurrect true Husker football.  If that happens, I'm all in.  If not, that's fine too.