Realistic Coaching Hires with the AD

8 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

Sean Callahan says this morning on the radio that Scott Frost has told those close to him that he wants the Nebraska job. 

Can anyone confirm? Saw that on twitter. 

That's just trying to get people riled...or should I say get readers "frosty".  I doubt anyone other than maybe Osborne has been in contact with Scott Frost at this point in time.

4 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

That's just trying to get people riled...or should I say get readers "frosty".  I doubt anyone other than maybe Osborne has been in contact with Scott Frost at this point in time.

Osborne is the only one close to Frost?  I'm not putting much faith into Callahan's report without more info but I don't understand your reason for dismissing it.

6 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

You don't get that some of us don't see Frost as the second coming? Ok. 

I would be perfectly happy if SF was hired for the job, if he wants the job.  I guess Sean Callahan thinks he knows someone who thinks he does.  Anyway I think he can do good things at Nebraska, but I agree I don't think he is the second coming.  I still think it will take a little time for him to get things going.  If he is hired and doesn't win instantly, some people are going to be disappointed.  

• Plus1 1
Just now, 4skers89 said:

Osborne is the only one close to Frost?  I'm not putting much faith into Callahan's report without more info but I don't understand your reason for dismissing it.

It's another one of those "I posted this first, retweet me" types of things.  No merit is needed, just someone who says he has inside information.  So far all inside information we've seen the last few years has been horse pucky, including the potential AD.  Call me jaded but i'm calling BS on all these inside sources coming out to media members and people in general.

2 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

It's another one of those "I posted this first, retweet me" types of things.  No merit is needed, just someone who says he has inside information.  So far all inside information we've seen the last few years has been horse pucky, including the potential AD.  Call me jaded but i'm calling BS on all these inside sources coming out to media members and people in general.

Good idea. It's ridiculous how inaccurate fairytale speculation has been. Frogs are frogs in Husker Nation.

2 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

When I hear people bring up some high dollar high profile coach who can recruit stars right away it makes me think the guy cheats and they’re okay with that. 

I don’t know if my perception is accurate, but that’s what I think of.

USC and Alabama had/have the two best runs in CFB since 2000 (both infractions)...winning is all that really matters at the end of the day. If Penn State can already be relevant again after their debacle, anything is fair game. 

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

USC and Alabama had/have the two best runs in CFB since 2000 (both infractions)...winning is all that really matters at the end of the day. If Penn State can already be relevant again after their debacle, anything is fair game. 

Not to me it’s not. I want a program that wins without cheating.

7 hours ago, Isle of View said:

I'm not much of a fan now.  I was a true Husker football fan for about 35 years when we played true Husker football.  In the 14 years since Pederson killed Husker football, I haven't been a good fan.  Frost is the last hope to resurrect true Husker football.  If that happens, I'm all in.  If not, that's fine too.  

Do let us know what bandwagon you'll be hitching your star to. We'll give you a holler when Nebraska starts winning again.

• Plus1 1

Realistic coaches that might come here.  Assuming that some will get fired and some will need to move on.  Not an outstanding list, but I thinks its a realistic list of whose going to be out there.

Scott Frost-Current HC

Dan Mullens- Current HC

Major Applewhite - Current HC

Brent Venables- DC at Clemson

Kevin Sumlin-Current HC on the hot seat

Brett Bielema- Current HC on the hot seat

In no order, but this is what I think we are looking at for potential HC.  Its not a great list of coaches, but includes some up and comers along with some that took the wrong jobs.  Applewhite fits in the same category at Frost, but not near as out going.  Venables to me is a fit for KSU some day.  Sumlin is a good coach, but really took the wrong job.  Bielema definately took the wrong job, but thought Alvarez was over bearing, same as Gary Anderson.  

52 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

SEC has had some form of dominance for the last decade.  Some of that has been given to them, and some of that has been earned.  I am amazed at how teams in the SEC lose games, as soon as they win one game, they are back in the Top 25.  LSU is a two loss team, ranked again.  They setting up for having two(Georgia/Bama) in the playoffs.