Realistic Coaching Hires with the AD

25 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Mike Bellotti sent some journalist a text regarding Moos' hiring at Nebraska. Makes me wonder with what he said if Bellotti would be someone Moos looked at.

Is he still around? I’m not sure how relevant he is anymore. Hasn’t he been out of coaching for like 20 years? 

Joel Strecker @Woodsman602
FollowFollow @Woodsman602
More
Replying to @MikelSevere

Out of curiosity...are any other schools in Power 5 conferences aggressively pursuing Scott Frost?

7:33 PM - 16 Oct 2017

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

Direct message

OU and UT To B1GTweet text

1. New conversation

If you don't think there's a chance that Leach will leave Wazzu (for Nebraska or otherwise), well...

If Leach were definitely intent on staying put, I don't think they'd need to have that meeting.

5 minutes ago, Toe said:

If you don't think there's a chance that Leach will leave Wazzu (for Nebraska or otherwise), well...

If Leach were definitely intent on staying put, I don't think they'd need to have that meeting.

That's just Leach and/or his agent using leverage on his employer to get a better deal. Doesn't matter if anyone is pursuing Leach or not.

Edited by RedDenver
typo
  • Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Toe said:

Usually they don't. AD openings at the P5 level are pretty rare though so the chances of that happening are pretty slim. At least for football. 

2 hours ago, marko polo said:

If you think Scott can turn around this mess in one yr, you are crazy, but what he can do is reverse the trend and get it going in the right direction in yr. one

What mess?

Beating teams like Purdue, NW, IL, Minny and 2-3 Non-conference chumps.  That is 7 wins right there.

There are more wins than losses built into the Huskers schedule, Bo proved that, he was a terrible coach with a high school staff and they did it.

8 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

That's just Leach and/or his agent using leverage on his employer to get a better deal. Doesn't matter if anyone is pursuing Leach or not.

I agree.  I have a feeling he will come out of this with a contract that will extend to about 2027.

• Plus1 2