Realistic Coaching Hires with the AD

3 minutes ago, huskerfan69 said:

i still think leach is in the mix despite what he said today, but frost should be the #1 option.

if we let frost end up at an sec school, the fans might just give up.

If "fit" matters I don't know how Leach could be considered a candidate. Leach is great. Yet, seems like an odd fit at Dear Ol' NU.

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

If "fit" matters I don't know how Leach could be considered a candidate. Leach is great. Yet, seems like an odd fit at Dear Ol' NU.

he's fit in at washington and texas. 2 pretty polar opposite states and universities in terms of culture.

but like i said, frost should be the unanimous #1 choice. if it's not frost it better be a big time name.

Edited by huskerfan69
Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

Air raid in Nebraska would be ridiculous.  When going through the sock puppet thread one reaction to the Mike Riley hiring was aversion to him bringing a west coast offense back to DONU.  We hired a P12 AD.  Most of his ties and connections are from there.  My fear is our knowledge of what doesn't work here probably matches what Moos believes in and will give us.

I really like Mike Leach.  I loved him on Sirius when he hosted.  The guy is hilarious.  I would support that hire, but truly do not think he is a coach for Nebraska.  But he can recruit some giant people, one of his guards is 6'9"  and 370 pounds I thought they said Friday night.  He was gigantic.   It has taken him a few years to get Washington State competitive, but still loses some you don't think he should.

He is not ground and pound, and he would most likely piss off the local media in heart beat.  He is not real kind to them when they ask what he considers a dumb question.  Which seems to be a lot of questions .lol

But it would be entertaining.  

Edited by skersfan
8 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Stop talking about Leach. Leach is another Mike Riley level higher for career winning percentage. Coach Frost has a better winning percentage than Leach and Riley. And Coach Frost's winning percentage is only going to get better and better. 

he called moos the best AD he's ever met. The Leach talk is not going away any time soon. at the very least leach will use the nebraska opening as leverage to get a bigger contract extension at WSU.

leach is also set to appear on 1480AM tomorrow

Edited by huskerfan69

13 hours ago, Isle of View said:

I'm not much of a fan now.  I was a true Husker football fan for about 35 years when we played true Husker football.  In the 14 years since Pederson killed Husker football, I haven't been a good fan.  Frost is the last hope to resurrect true Husker football.  If that happens, I'm all in.  If not, that's fine too.  

Well, at least you admit that you're a fairweather fan.  You'll be back on the bandwagon when we win again.

What I find hard to swallow is the fact that so many schools have boosters who can pony up millions in order to fire and hire football coaches.  I mean really, WTF.  This is the one thing that I think needs to be addressed in NCAA meetings.  Why sign football coaches to long term deals when you don't know what will happe in 3 years?  Why not sign these guys to 3 year deals with an option that says if your not winning at a sufficient level we can part ways or renew your deal for an additional 3 years.  Sure would save some guys some bucks!  Thats a half hearted attempt at a joke.  

I know that big money boosters control athletic departments.  That been that way for generations now.  I was serious about the 3 year contracts how ever.  This would weed out the ones coaching for the sport and the ones coaching for money.