Realistic Coaching Hires with the AD

23 hours ago, Isle of View said:

Yep.  If they don't get Frost, I'm done with Husker football.

That's lame and weird. 

Also I'm not sure if what Frost runs is "True Nebraska Football".  UCF is an Chip Kelly era Oregon clone more than anything else.

Edited by The Dude
  • Plus1 4
2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That's lame and weird. 

Also I'm not sure if what Frost runs is "True Nebraska Football".  UCF is an Chip Kelly era Oregon clone more than anything else.

He incorporates a lot of TO's philosophy, and it's also partly a line of succession thing.  

I'm not saying he is the only one who can be successful at Nebraska.  He's just the only one that can get us back to the blueprint that BD and TO gave us.  

14 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

Maybe it would've been easier for you to understand if  I had put air quotes around "Nebraska Football"?

Oh, I see you snipped the part where I explained it in more detail.  That's the way to take the high ground.  

Except a style of play does not Nebraska football make. There is tradituon and pride that can only be felt when you see the big red N. If you're so concerned with style of play then you should watch Wisconsin or Stanford. That looks more like old school Husker Football than what Frost is doing. 

• Plus1 4

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Except a style of play does not Nebraska football make. There is tradituon and pride that can only be felt when you see the big red N. If you're so concerned with style of play then you should watch Wisconsin or Stanford. That looks more like old school Husker Football than what Frost is doing. 

Like I said above, it's more a line of succession - coaching tree thing.  But Wisconsin is using our actual blueprint, which is hard to stomach.

9 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

So is this real life? Lol

Let me explain a bit more. The guy was super engaged/involved with the program, both past players and the staff at that time. He was showing me pictures of him with former players at their weddings, talking about their kids, etc. He was some real estate guy from Oregon and I really don't have any reason to believe otherwise. Sure, he could've been blowing smoke but I choose to be optimistic, the same way you've been overly optimistic in the recruiting forum for the last umpteen years. Hell, at this point all we have to hang our hat on is hope.

Most importantly he was the one that said he has heard numerous of those former players and others well connected with the staff mention that Frost would take the job if offered. Considered it his dream job.

Edited by fire mike
forgot the last line.
6 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

Like I said above, it's more a line of succession - coaching tree thing.  But Wisconsin is using our actual blueprint, which is hard to stomach.

I don't really get it. If you don't care to watch the Huskers, just their physical style of play and old Huskers who won championships, why don't you just hop on the Wisconsin band wagon? They have everything you want. It looks like Husker football, you have a Husker pulling the strings at AD (the coach in Camp Randall doesn't matter) Heck they even wear red and white. I know I know it's not scarlet and cream, but you don't seem to care much about that. You just want the team that wins with toughness right? 

• Plus1 4

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That's lame and weird. 

They play a one handed linebacker, because he hits the s#!t out of people. It's not what you do, it's how you do it, and they do it with the heart we once did. There is a competitive fun about that team that we once had. There is an attitude in their program that we once had. 

They're fun to watch. Try it sometime. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Frost isn't gonna shy away from taking the Nebraska job because he's afraid of failing if that's what you're alluding. 

My only thought would be he wants to finish what he started at UCF and doesn't want to leave after this seaon. Now I am not sure if he feels that way or not but that would be my only fear of us being turned away by him.