Realistic Coaching Hires with the AD

9 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

I could get on board with Venables, but part of me thinks he'll move on the K State job when Elder Snyder retires and Younger Snyder flames out. 

5 hours ago, knapplc said:

Prepare your salt. The rumor here in kansas on why Venables can't go home

From what I heard, and it's murky ASF,  is that Venables had a fling with either a major boosters daughter or an upper administration officials daughter while at KSU and it didn't end well. The most recent version of the rumor was that it's a big boosters daughter and that his name is on some buildings at KSU. 

I like the thought of hiring him. Though if we do we might need to keep him away from the co eds and boosters daughters so that he doesn't get shot.:D

20 minutes ago, husker98 said:

Prepare your salt. The rumor here in kansas on why Venables can't go home

From what I heard, and it's murky ASF,  is that Venables had a fling with either a major boosters daughter or an upper administration officials daughter while at KSU and it didn't end well. The most recent version of the rumor was that it's a big boosters daughter and that his name is on some buildings at KSU. 

I like the thought of hiring him. Though if we do we might need to keep him away from the co eds and boosters daughters so that he doesn't get shot.:D

Carl and Frank say Hold my Beer son.

• Plus1 5

The definition of realistic is somewhat subjective.  I would say any current coach at a top 10 blue blood program would not leave, nor would any coach leave their alma mater to come to Nebraska (such as David Shaw at Stanford).  Guys that would fall just outside of those 2 categories but may not be realistic are Chris Petersen and Kyle Whittingham.  I thought Pelini should have been fired in 2013 and I wanted Nebraska to go after Petersen then as I think he is one of the top 5 or 10 coaches in the country.  Its doubtful he would leave Washington, but Washington isn't a blue blood program, and I don't believe that is his alma mater, so if Moos thinks he is the guy to get, let's do what Alabama did to get Saban and pay for a coach that is a proven winner.  

There are certainly other names out there like Frost and Fuente that would be great improvements over our current and prior staff, but I am not convinced Fuente would leave Va Tech and I am starting to question whether Frost will be ready to leave UCF after just his 2nd year there.  

22 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

You know...what about Dana Holgorsen?  Dude's an absolute offensive genius and he's done a pretty nice job @ WVU.  He's 'only' making $3mm/yr so he's not priced out by any means.  Plus, he's a native of Mt. Pleasant, IA so he's got some Midwestern ties.

Holgorsen could work.  Does he have a drinking problem?