Realistic Coaching Hires with the AD

1 hour ago, SECHusker said:

Because I think more damage would be done to the program if we get rid of him with that record. 

I also think we aren't that far from being where we want to be. We have the athletes but we are an OC, OL coach, and TE coach from consistently winning the West (granted there are other coaches that I would like to see go but those need to go).

dazed-and-confused-okay-o.gif

2 hours ago, SECHusker said:

1) 8-4 Mike Riley with the promise he'll make the needed coaching changes.

2a) Matt Campbell

2b) Justin Fuente

3) Scott Frost

4) Chip Kelly

I would throw in Jason Candle also.  He is a sneaky good coach that is being ignored right now.

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Mostly just a competent coaching staff.

Aside from the anger I have for when we lose, I do think highly of MR. The man fired two long time friends and assistants because he wanted be to win. (If Bo would have done that he likely would still be here). I think if he can survive the year, we'll like what we see next year.

26 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

Aside from the anger I have for when we lose, I do think highly of MR. The man fired two long time friends and assistants because he wanted be to win. (If Bo would have done that he likely would still be here). I think if he can survive the year, we'll like what we see next year.

Just curious as to what facts make you think this besides having a gut feeling?  We have a harder schedule and this staff is a career .500 staff.  I like MR also.  Think hes a good guy, and I will be sad when he is let go because people like him deserve to go out on top.  But for the betterment of Nebraska football he needs to go.

1 minute ago, Hayseed said:

Okay, I watched the UCF/ Navy game.... either coach would be great but I’d prefer the UCF coach, whoever he is.

He was the alpha male blonde haired guy on the sidelines calling plays for his offense. I overheard them say he is from NEBRASKA. We should take a look at him. His name is Skaht Forester. It's Gaelic.

5 minutes ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

You all don't want Matt Campbell...he...uh...shuts his lights off and pretends not to be home on Halloween...and...um...takes candy from babies and kicks puppies and kitties and...uh...other real bad stuff.

Definitely not the kind of guy Nebraska would want leading their football team...better look somewhere else.

Haha, my cyclone friends are giving me a hard time after I told them if we can't get Frost I want Campbell.

3 minutes ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

You all don't want Matt Campbell...he...uh...shuts his lights off and pretends not to be home on Halloween...and...um...takes candy from babies and kicks puppies and kitties and...uh...other real bad stuff.

Definitely not the kind of guy Nebraska would want leading their football team...better look somewhere else.

Sometimes Halloween sneaks up and you don't get a chance to buy candy, babies shouldn't have candy and critters get underfoot.  We survived a coach that looked like an axe murderer on the sidelines.  Try harder.