Realistic Coaching Hires with the AD

4 minutes ago, girlknowsfootball said:

I saw Rivals mention something concerning... two QB's say if Riley is fired they will transfer. Lee will most likely try to go pro after this year if Riley is fired and a new system comes in. 

That would leave Nebraska with a new coach and no QB's except for Andrew Bunch. It has also been reported we will lose Keyshawn Johnson Jr's return, will not sign Bookie, Chase Williams, Joshua Moore, 

but will most likely hold on to Jurgens, Cameron Brown, Pickering, Farniok, Alston,   Goodrich, etc. 

we are just in a mess right now. the poor record has our class falling apart due to uncertainty with the coaching staff. We have a significant talent upgrade need on the team already and are already down several scholarship players. Bringing in a new coach means a whole new system again... and 3-4 weeks to put an entire class together for signing day. It's going to be mass chaos!! Whether Riley is retained or not, it's going to be hard to recruit this year and probably next. 

Better to get Frost and his staff to handle it than stick with Riley and lose to the likes of northern Illinois at home 

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, girlknowsfootball said:

I saw Rivals mention something concerning... two QB's say if Riley is fired they will transfer. Lee will most likely try to go pro after this year if Riley is fired and a new system comes in. 

That would leave Nebraska with a new coach and no QB's except for Andrew Bunch. It has also been reported we will lose Keyshawn Johnson Jr's return, will not sign Bookie, Chase Williams, Joshua Moore, 

but will most likely hold on to Jurgens, Cameron Brown, Pickering, Farniok, Alston,   Goodrich, etc. 

we are just in a mess right now. the poor record has our class falling apart due to uncertainty with the coaching staff. We have a significant talent upgrade need on the team already and are already down several scholarship players. Bringing in a new coach means a whole new system again... and 3-4 weeks to put an entire class together for signing day. It's going to be mass chaos!! Whether Riley is retained or not, it's going to be hard to recruit this year and probably next. 

1. I don't buy into all the transfer hype. Kids will be mad at first and then get over and love their new coach. I heard a rumor that supposedly POB has started doing speed/agility training to try to prepare for Frost. It's all rumors and hearsay. At least 1-2 of Lee, Gebbia, POB will stay. Frost's current commit is from Mich... I'm assuming it's be pretty easy for flip him. Could add a JUCO/grad transfer pretty easy if our depth chart truely that open. 

2. Bookie is gone regardless. Kids like him don't come to .500 schools. Moore is 50/50 regardless. KJJ, frankly do we really care? This year's class would likely end up average or slightly below, but Frost could be headed into 2019 class full speed ahead. 

• Plus1 6

I wouldn't be surprised if POB was already looking to transfer, regardless of who the coach is.  Lee obviously isn't a fit so whatever there.

But I think talk of having no QBs is extremely premature.  Frost could sell Gebbia on 1) having every chance to be a four year starter and 2) being the next Marcus Mariotta.  I'm sure he would make a similar pitch to POB and might even convince him to at least stay through spring ball.

• Plus1 1

I think as Husker fans, the majority of us are putting all of our eggs in a Scott Frost basket (myself included). I don’t think that Moos is going to be a puppet and go get Scott Frost just because we all want him. Brandon Vogel was on the Hail Varsity show and he said that he talked to Bill Moos on the phone and the subject of a coaching search came up. Vogel asked about going after a young up-and-comer. Moos said that you have to be careful about hiring a young coach because you never know if they are the real deal or just a flash in the pan. Moos then said he prefers finding a coach who’s been around and has won at a high level, including coaching/winning championships.

I’m taking that with a grain of salt because I heard it from Vogel and not the Mooses mouth. I would be thrilled with a Scott Frost hire but I’m trying not to get my hopes up just to be let down when something different happens. And I hope the fan base doesn’t attack Bill Moos for doing his thing instead of what we all want. Either way, GBR.

7 hours ago, Mavric said:

I wouldn't be surprised if POB was already looking to transfer, regardless of who the coach is.  Lee obviously isn't a fit so whatever there.

But I think talk of having no QBs is extremely premature.  Frost could sell Gebbia on 1) having every chance to be a four year starter and 2) being the next Marcus Mariotta.  I'm sure he would make a similar pitch to POB and might even convince him to at least stay through spring ball.

If we do axe MR and get SF I would be very surprised if none of the 3 QBs want to run the offense that is the top scoring offense in the nation. Seems like a QBs dream to me — obviously some are lacking the dual threat ability but I am sure they could all be serviceable.