Realistic Coaching Hires with the AD

1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

You think he's worth 3-3.5 mil.  Based on what?  How much would an actual Chip Kelly cost?  I love the idea of Scott Frost, I'm just not sure he's worth 3.5 mil at this time.  

Based on the market price for a top 10-20 head coach. Gotta stop thinking small potatoes and pay top dollar. I'm sure someone can show me coach salary rankings. 

• Plus1 2
56 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

Anybody who DIDN'T think or suggest that Bill Moos would be the next AD should just take a break from speculating who the next head coach will be, I think.  LOL  I believe that would be almost, if not everyone on HB.

They're all liars...they lied to us. Chip Kelly is a disaster in waiting. Moos may not even know Kelly but that doesn't seem to stop anybody from suggesting he's on the list. I bet Les Miles is a more likely pick. Moos could be thinking of anybody....just like he was first on the committee's list, Karen Jennings was a close second, and nobody on the boards had any idea.

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Based on the market price for a top 10-20 head coach. Gotta stop thinking small potatoes and pay top dollar. I'm sure someone can show me coach salary rankings. 

Not thinking small potatoes at all but how is Frost a 10-20 head coach?  He's in his second year at UCF, his only head coaching gig.  

Just now, Hayseed said:

They're all liars...they lied to us. Chip Kelly is a disaster in waiting. Moos may not even know Kelly but that doesn't seem to stop anybody from suggesting he's on the list. I bet Les Miles is a more likely pick. Moos could be thinking of anybody....just like he was first on the committee's list, Karen Jennings was a close second, and nobody on the boards had any idea.

of who she is?  I find it sad that all these "husker" fans had no idea of who she is or her impact on women's basketball at Nebraska.  

In all honesty, Cally was a surprise, Pelini (not so much), Riley was a surprise as was Moos......Unfirtunately, if the next HC goes the way of the clairvoyants on this board (myself included) we might be shocked.  Hopefully pleased, but possibly surprised as it's not a name that's been thrown out.  I just don't want to have to google again.

For the record, still hoping for Frost.  Who in year 2 after taking over an 0-12 team is now #20 in the coaches poll.......with the last recruiting class being ranked 55 with one 4* from Memphis.......

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

If you think it is the right guy...you pay him.

Trying to save 1 million a year is pointless when it comes to having the right coach.

This.  How many millions are we paying to guys we fired.  Measure twice, cut once.....Spend the extra money now or later.  One way we quit being a practice game for contenders and we return to prominence or we continue to pay when the pretender has been fired.....

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, southernoregonhusker said:

The question about Bohl is does he have hard feelings towards NU?  My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think he got canned after one season as DC.  I'd be upset if somebody didn't give me a decent chance to show myself.  

Got fired after the 2002 season.  Had been on staff since 95 (LB's) and D.C. 2000-2002.

His stints at NDSU and Wyoming show him to be a "big picture guy" IMHO...