Keep the Kids at Home

BIG ERN

Just now, HuskerPowerVA said:

You don't read well, do you? 

No need to get chippy.

You said: "at least know the game has changed so the formula also has too. "

That does not follow.  The formula does not have to change just because the game changes.  The investment game has changed, too.  But Warren Buffett hasn't changed his formula.

Maybe we're not on the same page for the definition of "formula"?

The rules have changed.  The math has changed.  The ability to give out as many scholarships has changed.  The money and cost to walk-on has changed.  The advantages have changed.  I cant make it more simple than that.  

If you don't believe me, research what Coach Osbourne has said himself on the subject.  

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

The rules have changed.  The math has changed.  The ability to give out as many scholarships has changed.  The money and cost to walk-on has changed.  The advantages have changed.  I cant make it more simple than that.  

If you don't believe me, research what Coach Osbourne has said himself on the subject.  

9 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

No.  The game certainly changed, but that doesn't mean the formula has to change.  That's the beauty of a good formula.

And you think I don't read well?  

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

You nailed it in about half of the amount of words I would have used.  The amount if FCS schools in the area alone have killed the walk on program.  Half of the schools that we D-2 schools that offered me are now FCS schools.  That would have been nice back then!

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Crusader Husker said:

You nailed it in about half of the amount of words I would have used.  The amount if FCS schools in the area alone have killed the walk on program.  Half of the schools that we D-2 schools that offered me are now FCS schools.  That would have been nice back then!

I had the same thought about myself.  I hear you!  

Alright everyone. You're all going in time out. 

Stop with the personal attacks. If you don't like what someone is saying either ignore them, stop reading the thread, don't reply, or make the argument based about the content. Otherwise, I'm going to start getting warning happy.

• Plus1 2