Disappointed nothing changes till end of year

jauken

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Only problem with your pros is Langs might as well be Riley and Diaco has already proven to be inept as a HC so I'm not sure even the first two pros would actually happen. 

Agree. Another con would be perception to future head coaches. Riley will coach out the season.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Funny how no one gives a damn about the athletes, coaches or their families in situations like this.  Just as long as you get your pound of flesh when you want it is all that matters.

We can only give a damn if we are winning championships! Losers don't get our damns!

16 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Funny how no one gives a damn about the athletes, coaches or their families in situations like this.  Just as long as you get your pound of flesh when you want it is all that matters.

I give one hell of a lot for all that you mentioned.

If Riley is fired before the end of the season (Say early November), it's no different for him and his wife than if he were fired at the end of the year.  We aren't going to a bowl game he could coach in and he will still be paid something like $2.5 million till 2021.

His assistants aren't dummies.  They know a change is going to be made and none of them will be fired till after the season no matter if Riley is fired early or not.

The players aren't dummies.  They know a change is going to be made.  To me, it sure doesn't look like Riley does any in game coaching anyway.  So, his absence shouldn't be horribly missed in the last few games.  Other than that, all other position coaches and coordinators will remain the same.

So, I fail to see how firing Riley before the season or after the season has any negative affects on the already established situation.

Now, to your point, I've fired quite a few people.  It always should be done with the utmost respect and dignity for everyone involved.....but, that doesn't mean it's not going to happen.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, huskerman2018 said:

sorry  riles gets one more year. unless we  protest with signs  out side the stadium that we want him fired.

That’s my fear.  Unless we scream, make yourself heard.  You will get Nice “Milk Toast” Mike back for another miserable year. You also Probably lose out on Frost if that’s the popular choice.  

58 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I give one hell of a lot for all that you mentioned.

If Riley is fired before the end of the season (Say early November), it's no different for him and his wife than if he were fired at the end of the year.  We aren't going to a bowl game he could coach in and he will still be paid something like $2.5 million till 2021.

His assistants aren't dummies.  They know a change is going to be made and none of them will be fired till after the season no matter if Riley is fired early or not.

The players aren't dummies.  They know a change is going to be made.  To me, it sure doesn't look like Riley does any in game coaching anyway.  So, his absence shouldn't be horribly missed in the last few games.  Other than that, all other position coaches and coordinators will remain the same.

So, I fail to see how firing Riley before the season or after the season has any negative affects on the already established situation.

Now, to your point, I've fired quite a few people.  It always should be done with the utmost respect and dignity for everyone involved.....but, that doesn't mean it's not going to happen.

His assistants have families.  Kids in school in Lincoln.  One of them is a famous Husker.  Maybe you've heard of him.  Perhaps I'm wrong in thinking that "fans" such as yourself could show a little dignity towards these people and give them the rest of the season and at least try.  And not have their families go through the embarrassment any sooner than it needs to happen.

Maybe I'd like the players that committed to play for "the greatest" fans to have their entire staff to play for until the end of the season since they "know" there is no post season.

There is no need to call yourself a fan and be a heartless prick at the same time.  Sometimes it's about more than money.  

• Plus1 5

6 minutes ago, jauken said:

That’s my fear.  Unless we scream, make yourself heard.  You will get Nice “Milk Toast” Mike back for another miserable year. You also Probably lose out on Frost if that’s the popular choice.  

OK, I think we have spoken, Shoot half of memorial stadium cleared out before the end of the second quarter last Saturday. Believe me, this chump is gone

2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

His assistants have families.  Kids in school in Lincoln.  One of them is a famous Husker.  Maybe you've heard of him.  Perhaps I'm wrong in thinking that "fans" such as yourself could show a little dignity towards these people and give them the rest of the season and at least try.  And not have their families go through the embarrassment any sooner than it needs to happen.

Maybe I'd like the players that committed to play for "the greatest" fans to have their entire staff to play for until the end of the season since they "know" there is no post season.

There is no need to call yourself a fan and be a heartless prick at the same time.  Sometimes it's about more than money.  

It is more than $$$ it is about winning. and if you are winning than gtfo 

Just now, timmytbro said:

OK, I think we have spoken, Shoot half of memorial stadium cleared out before the end of the second quarter last Saturday. Believe me, this chump is gone

Timmybro.  I hope so.  But that isn’t assured until he is fired now.  What happens if he goes 6-6 and they bring him back.  

Just now, jauken said:

Timmybro.  I hope so.  But that isn’t assured until he is fired now.  What happens if he goes 6-6 and they bring him back.  

I just do not see that happening man, Three main reasons why.

1) Mike's former boss has been fired, No AD wants to live and die with a coach they did not hire

2) fans have shown that if he sticks around, the sellout streak will end, and it will.

3) It is year three and this team has regressed. that is a red flag. Even Billy C played for a conference championship in year 3.

• Plus1 1