Disappointed nothing changes till end of year

jauken

33 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

His assistants have families.  Kids in school in Lincoln.  One of them is a famous Husker.  Maybe you've heard of him.  Perhaps I'm wrong in thinking that "fans" such as yourself could show a little dignity towards these people and give them the rest of the season and at least try.  And not have their families go through the embarrassment any sooner than it needs to happen.

Maybe I'd like the players that committed to play for "the greatest" fans to have their entire staff to play for until the end of the season since they "know" there is no post season.

There is no need to call yourself a fan and be a heartless prick at the same time.  Sometimes it's about more than money.  

Get off your high horse, you want to get paid that much to coach football, then you get all that come with it.  If you didn't perform at your job for an extended period of time would the supervisor give you more time, because you had a kid.

Edited by KingBlank
  • Plus1 1

If the players and coaches felt bad then they should have done a better job collectively. Harsh reality, but I hear on my local sports show where one of the hosts is a former college player who had a coach who told him when he was a college football player that, "Hey kid, my wife, house, family and career are in your hands." It may be blunt and ugly, but it's the truth.

Edited by BoneyardHusker
4 hours ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

TO is 80.  That guy has given this University all he can.  Let his helping with the AD search be his final work (unless they ask for input on the next HC search).

Stop.  I hope they do not, Tom has been trying to put time and space between himself and The Program for decades, let the man be, we need to move on from him and he from us, just let the man be.

When Osborne became AD, he said he had a meeting with Callahan and staff.  I think we had a similar record as now or close.  Paraphrasing, he told them that if they win out they would likely stay on.  If they didn’t, he would evaluate. If they went 6-6 or worse, they were fired.

Im not saying that the same expectations apply today for Riley.  But TO at least let them finish the season to try and make something happen.  It was one of the correct decisions he made as AD.

Getting rid of Riley now provides nothing that's beneficial and will only make things worse.  These are all his guys, there's no one on this staff who would be that big of a game changer to be interim coach.  That also provides AD cover to pursue his coach these next 2 months before the hiring season hits full motion.

Everyone who fears Riley is back next year can throw that concern out the window.  There's no way an AD is coming into a situation where football is the only program that matters and not select his guy to peg his success on.  As has been discussed, his success 100% hinges on what happens with this football team over the length of his term, there is nooooooooooo way he's hitching his judgement of success to someone the previous AD brought in and was subsequently fired over.

16 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

When Osborne became AD, he said he had a meeting with Callahan and staff.  I think we had a similar record as now or close.  Paraphrasing, he told them that if they win out they would likely stay on.  If they didn’t, he would evaluate. If they went 6-6 or worse, they were fired.

Im not saying that the same expectations apply today for Riley.  But TO at least let them finish the season to try and make something happen.  It was one of the correct decisions he made as AD.

Then he turned around and hired Mt. Bo. I am not a fan at all of any replacements he has picked since he left.   He started the 4 loss is ok club with Coach Solich.  Once he lost Toms players the losing began.  It just got worse with Callahan and went back to 4 loss is ok club with Bo.  Here is a tip.  4 losses mean you are not good enough 

Edited by jauken
2 minutes ago, jauken said:

Then he turned around and hired Mt. Bo. I am not a fan at all of any replacements he has picked since he left.   He started the 4 loss is ok club with Coach Solich.  Once he lost Toms players the losing began.  It just got worse with Callahan and went back to 4 loss is ok club with Bo.  Here is a tip.  4 losses mean you are not good enough 

Not good enough for who? You? Did you really expect the Huskers to keep winning 11+ games until the end of eternity?