Disappointed nothing changes till end of year

jauken

6 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Getting rid of Riley now provides nothing that's beneficial and will only make things worse.  These are all his guys, there's no one on this staff who would be that big of a game changer to be interim coach.  That also provides AD cover to pursue his coach these next 2 months before the hiring season hits full motion.

Everyone who fears Riley is back next year can throw that concern out the window.  There's no way an AD is coming into a situation where football is the only program that matters and not select his guy to peg his success on.  As has been discussed, his success 100% hinges on what happens with this football team over the length of his term, there is nooooooooooo way he's hitching his judgement of success to someone the previous AD brought in and was subsequently fired over.

I agree partly with you.  Season is over.  NOTHING to play for.  You have been blown out twice and lost to a Mac team.  Blown out at Oregon. Which just got poleaxed by Stanford. 

You Think the Ad won’t bring him back.  Only way to be sure is can him now.  Otherwise a 6-6 coach might be back for a even worse season 

logically you you are right.  An Ad is gonna bring his guy.  But what if Moos thinks Riley is it.   Then we are screwed

14 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Not good enough for who? You? Did you really expect the Huskers to keep winning 11+ games until the end of eternity? 

Those who are accepting of 4-6 losses a year are the fans that let this situation get so bad.  Accept Excellence or accept Failure.  Those are only two choices in life.  

Edited by jauken
15 minutes ago, jauken said:

Those who are accepting of 4-6 losses a year are the fans that let this situation get so bad.  Accept Excellence or accept Failure.  Those are only two choices in life.  

Wrong. Fans don't accept anything good or bad. We follow the team and hope the leaders get us in the right direction. I have no say in the program who we hire or fire. How could I have influenced the program? If it was up to the fans Riley would have never been hired. This sentiment that the it's the fans who "accept mediocrity" fault is BS of the highest proportions. So if all of the fans were only content with championships we wouldn't be in this right now? Highly doubt that. Fans have little power over what happens unless you have big time money you give to the university. Otherwise, no say. It's pretty clear to me that is the case if you see how things have unfolded in the past and just this year. At the end of the day that stadium could be half full week in week out and the athletic department would still be bringing in so much money it wouldn't matter. 

• Plus1 1

I think Mike deserves to be fired any time but Moos' policy is likely the right one. I think firing a guy midseason in Y3 probably sends out the wrong message to potential future coaches. After the season is perfectly fair.

Ideally I'd love to see Mike find a way to beat Iowa on Senior Day at the end of the year, giving him a chance to go out on a positive note while giving the team and fanbase a win over those turkeys.

Edited by alwayshusking
  • Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Wrong. Fans don't accept anything good or bad. We follow the team and hope the leaders get us in the right direction. I have no say in the program who we hire or fire. How could I have influenced the program? If it was up to the fans Riley would have never been hired. This sentiment that the it's the fans who "accept mediocrity" fault is BS of the highest proportions. So if all of the fans were only content with championships we wouldn't be in this right now? Highly doubt that. Fans have little power over what happens unless you have big time money you give to the university. Otherwise, no say. It's pretty clear to me that is the case if you see how things have unfolded in the past and just this year. At the end of the day that stadium could be half full week in week out and the athletic department would still be bringing in so much money it wouldn't matter. 

You influence by not attending games or buying gear. You let your voice be heard. Your allowed to have your opinion but I respectfully disagree with you

Edited by jauken

Riley will be fired at some point.  We all know that.  The players know that, and most of all he knows that by now.  Its just when, where, and how.  More than likely, the new AD will try and make some headway with this and ask Riley if he would resign and still get a hefty paycheck, but not the full amount.  This will be the first course of action.  I am guesing that won't work, and then he will be dismissed and told to leave immediately.  The games that will be played are going to be interesting.  This is why you hire an experienced AD with time under his belt.

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, jauken said:

You influence by not attending games or buying gear. You let your voice be heard. Your allowed to have your opinion but I respectfully disagree with you

You can email president of university, chancellor.  Board of regents.  You can make change you just have to try.  If they choose to do something else then you did something to try to make a change.  But if your happy with how we are now, how we are perceived and coached at this moment.  Of course do nothing.  

I don't see any advantage to firing him now rather than later. The players will not all of a sudden be learning whatever new system. We are not going to have our new coach until after the season so there is little to be gained before then.

I do see at least one advantage for waiting until the game clock hits zero on the Iowa game. We must avoid any perception of mistreating the well respected and widely liked nice guy Mike Riley. Unfortunately that requires a bit of letting the poor performance speak for itself. The last thing we need is to be seen firing another 9 win coach. At this point that is impossible anyway but it will be a lot more understandable to everyone when we let go a 4 or 5 win coach.

This process is not about bloodlust or getting a pound of flesh. It's about improving the program and moving in the right direction. Those type of decisions and actions don't and shouldn't happen in a bam bam bam fashion. I know we're all sick and tired of what we're seeing but just let the process play out. I have to believe we'll get it right this time because we have to. Effing up this hire again is not an option.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, jauken said:

Then he turned around and hired Mt. Bo. I am not a fan at all of any replacements he has picked since he left.   He started the 4 loss is ok club with Coach Solich.  Once he lost Toms players the losing began.  It just got worse with Callahan and went back to 4 loss is ok club with Bo.  Here is a tip.  4 losses mean you are not good enough 

I think you missed the point of the post