Disappointed nothing changes till end of year

jauken

2 hours ago, FTW said:

There should be a new rule around here and that is you can't assume the identity of an administrator of the University of Nebraska, player, or coach, use their personal name as a username on the forum. It's idiotic to see people (like you) assume the identity of such a person and to make matters worse, include a picture of them. I wish such a rule was enforced and your account was banned. Lately, you have been making idiotic posts under the name and photo of our Athletic Director. What a shame :facepalm:

I suppose I can make a complaint to a moderator?

Yeah, you’re right. It’s funny at first but the newness wears off pretty fast.

2 hours ago, FTW said:

There should be a new rule around here and that is you can't assume the identity of an administrator of the University of Nebraska, player, or coach, use their personal name as a username on the forum. It's idiotic to see people (like you) assume the identity of such a person and to make matters worse, include a picture of them. I wish such a rule was enforced and your account was banned. Lately, you have been making idiotic posts under the name and photo of our Athletic Director. What a shame :facepalm:

I suppose I can make a complaint to a moderator?

giphy.webp

• Plus1 1

I have a feeling that if we lose bad to Purdue, Moos will pull the trigger on Riley. At this point, we are already the punching bag of the BIG10. They left the name of the league as the BIG10 because there are four teams that are not worthy of the word BIG. Unfortunately, the current husker team under Riley is one of the four. I love my Huskers and will support the team no matter what happens. However, seeing what Riley has done, which is not surprising at all given his 0.500 record, I feel sick to my stomach. The sooner this experiment ends, the better. I honestly do not think that Riley is doing any coaching worth saving. In fact, if we can have our guys unlearn what Riley has taught them, that would be the best gift ever. The product on the field is horrible...no ifs,buts, or maybes about it.

What we really need is somebody to install a west coast offense.   Maybe some more screen passes!  You know, linemen don't really need to be that powerful.  I think we should just have our linemen cross train and throw ropes all day. I know Gates doesn't have the arms or leg development that Stai and Wiegert had, but it doesn't matter.  The key is low weight/high reps in today's world.  In fact it is way more healthy if you just sveltely saunter right by the powerlift stations with a passing glance on your way to the smoothie bar. 

Another thing: why just switch to the 3-4?  Obviously we would be better in a 2-5 or a 1-6.  The fewer good D-tackles on the field, the better.  That sure helps against teams like Wisconsin.

And for God sakes whatever we do, lets not ask TO or Charlie McBride or Turner Gill about football.  That is a topic best left to our friends from the Pac 12!

#GBR

10 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

So...what's your take on the 25 Scott Frost accounts + the other random coaching account names HB has running around?

If a rule was in place it would have to be enforced. It wouldn't be OK to allow one and not the other. It's one thing to use someone's first and last name and photo because you like that person or you have the user name "Frosty The Snowman" but it's another thing to begin to post ridiculous things on here under an AD's first and last name for all to see: athletic employees, media, fans, players, coaches, and recruits. 

12 hours ago, BillMoos said:

My name is in honor of the 1983 football team going For The Win, pal. I'm not on HB trolling people under our athletic directors first and last name and photo. You make yourself look pathetic trying to defend such actions.

Edited by BIGREDIOWAN
Post edited to remove personal attack.
  • Plus1 1

13 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

This is it in a nutshell.  Bo's last two classes were not at all great because recruits could already see BP wasn't going to be here very long.  Mike R's first class basically tried to save the kids Bo had committed.  Last years class was ranked pretty high at one point but lost 3 of the very best kids to grades and it slipped to the mid 20's in ranking.  This years upcoming class is strong in WR and DB's but weak in both lines.  Rumors say we have other 4 and 5 star kids willing to be here but time will tell if this class holds together.

We are light years away from being competitive with the OSU, Bama, Penn St and Clemsons.  We are years from having a team capable of going 11-1 or 10-2 in the big 10.  I just watched the 1st qtr of Saturdays game and we maybe have 2 kids who could play in the 2 deep for OSU.  It was like watching a high school varsity overwhelm a middle school team.  

We ask Tanner Lee to direct this offense but we have 3 short, not exceptionally quick receivers who drop too many passes.  A line that while improving probably gets a C grade.  Two TE's who struggle to even slow down a defender let alone block one.  Three backs, one who may never play again, another who is average and one who runs with an attitude but is on the coaches s#!t list apparently and only plays when the other two are hurt.  Give Tanner L some credit for the improvement he has shown the last few weeks and still playing with heart.

We have a defense that is so under skilled and whether that is on the coaches or players or both is up for grabs.  I was sad to see Bob Elliot pass away because now we don't have a coach capable of teaching these kids how to play the position.  We are forced to play 8 to 10 yards off the receiver in order to force the other team to throw short to extend the game.  Better to lose 56-14 than 84-7 I guess.  The front 7 mostly played hard Saturday, they were just overmatched with size, strength and speed.  

I have no idea who Nebraska needs for a coach.  Riley looks like a homeless guy on the sidelines looking for a cigarette butt.  Totally checked out and wishing the game was over.  All of our summer enthusiasm is gone and we know we got a lump of coal in our stocking again.  If we want Scott Frost we might be better to go back channels and see if he wants to coach another year at UCF and then offer him a buttload of money if he has another good year. This would give him a year to locate some good coordinators and come to Lincoln loaded for bear.   Let Riley coach (twiddle his thumbs) another year, bring in some good recruits then let him ride off into the sunset.  

Thats all I have.

This is fantastic. That is the most accurate description of Riley I can imagine