Disappointed nothing changes till end of year

jauken

16 hours ago, El Diaco said:

In theory, yes the sooner we move away from what isn’t working, the better. But in reality I don’t think we gain much of anything by letting Riley go now. I would argue that the larger problem is Langsdorf anyway.

I've said this since BYU 2015. Plus, Riley shoving 'Dorf to the side is not unprecedented--Riley did this very thing at Oregon State and called/ran the offense himself, IIRC. I'd suggest terminating 'Dorf and having Riley front the offense. Hell, there's little Riley could do to make the situation worse after all...

As for giving Riley one more year, we don't have the time to give, and the SEC will snatch up Frost or anyone else that we think can come in and do a good job here, because if they can win at DoNU, they can sure as hell win in a conference where morals are loose and the women looser. 

19 hours ago, jauken said:

I agree partly with you.  Season is over.  NOTHING to play for.  You have been blown out twice and lost to a Mac team.  Blown out at Oregon. Which just got poleaxed by Stanford. 

You Think the Ad won’t bring him back.  Only way to be sure is can him now.  Otherwise a 6-6 coach might be back for a even worse season 

logically you you are right.  An Ad is gonna bring his guy.  But what if Moos thinks Riley is it.   Then we are screwed

I think there are still things to play for, namely for recruiting purposes.  But its not like there's a clear cut coach on this staff who can step in.  Yeah, Diaco was HC, but not a very good one.  Also, for someone who's trying to piece together a resemblance of a defense, I'm very skittish on adding more to his plate.

If Moos brings him back another year I would assume its because he can't get his #1 or 2 choice and decides there is no clear cut improvement over one more year of Riley.  

3 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

I've said this since BYU 2015. Plus, Riley shoving 'Dorf to the side is not unprecedented--Riley did this very thing at Oregon State and called/ran the offense himself, IIRC. I'd suggest terminating 'Dorf and having Riley front the offense. Hell, there's little Riley could do to make the situation worse after all...

As for giving Riley one more year, we don't have the time to give, and the SEC will snatch up Frost or anyone else that we think can come in and do a good job here, because if they can win at DoNU, they can sure as hell win in a conference where morals are loose and the women looser. 

To be clear, I did not mean we should wait longer than 2 seconds after the game clock expires on the Iowa game. That's the longest MR should be here. I just don't think there is much to be gained letting him go prior to that. They should be feverishly looking for his replacement now.

Maybe that it was Moos needs to do. Go to Frost now and ask him if he wants to come to Nebraska this season or if he wants to stay one more year at UCF. Get a gentlemans agreement that if Frost says he wants one more year at UCF you tell him the Nebraska job is his the following year and we keep Riley for one more season. Makes his buyout cheaper and give him his 4 years. This would be the only reason I would see Riley coming back for his 4th year and this scenario is so over the top it isn't happening.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, El Diaco said:

To be clear, I did not mean we should wait longer than 2 seconds after the game clock expires on the Iowa game. That's the longest MR should be here. I just don't think there is much to be gained letting him go prior to that. They should be feverishly looking for his replacement now.

How classless. You want to turn the Moos loose and fire Riley on the field? Finger wag, finger wag:sarcasm

1 hour ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Maybe that it was Moos needs to do. Go to Frost now and ask him if he wants to come to Nebraska this season or if he wants to stay one more year at UCF. Get a gentlemans agreement that if Frost says he wants one more year at UCF you tell him the Nebraska job is his the following year and we keep Riley for one more season. Makes his buyout cheaper and give him his 4 years. This would be the only reason I would see Riley coming back for his 4th year and this scenario is so over the top it isn't happening.

No. We need to start the process end of this season. If we want Frost, make him choose.

I wonder if the management at Nebraska gets on these sites and just die laughing at the insanity that runs thru here.  I know this and that, and will do this or that and it will coach who or coach who.  This stuff is really entertaining.   Then you have some that claim to know, throw out a couple of names for AD's that are on the top of the list and we end up with a Moose on the loose.  You really can not dream this stuff up day in and day out.   The same things said over and over and over and over and the word Toxic most likely has never been used as much since Germany in World War II.

I certainly hope we can get some more Scott Frost threads going, we need at least another 100 or so.

And after some have said that MR is toxic in every single thread over a couple hundred times, we get the idea you think there is a problem.  Move on, learn a new word please.

• Plus1 2
On 10/16/2017 at 9:43 AM, jauken said:

I’m sorry but I’m disappointed that there will be no changes till end of season.  I really hope that is just words and not what Moos really means.  I see at least two more losses and possibly three if we lose to NW or Purdue.  

I am am a fan of 47 years and I am unashamed to tell you right now I’m apathetic on NU.  I love Nebraska with all my heart but something has to change with this staff. The wait and see, we are rebuilding, attitude is BS.  If you do not show progress and grow you are failing.  Right now we are a shell of a team.   No attitude, no passion.  Doesn’t mean I don’t love the kids.  But milk toast leadership with an aw shucks I’m not afraid my job is at risk attitude trickles down to players.  I’m not saying I want Mike Leach but listen to his PC after the game this week.  We were not good enough in any area and I blame myself and the coaches for not getting players ready.  I don’t see Riley being accountable and the kind of coach who you would run thru a brick wall for so that he wasn’t embarrassed 

a change is is needed today.   NOW.  I love Mike as a human being but not as the leader we need going forward.   Thank you for letting me vent

No problem, go ahead and vent.

I don’t see any point in getting worked up over this year.

A new coach will change everything. What would you like them to do now?

The season is what it is... maybe we’ll make a bowl.

14 hours ago, skersfan said:

And after some have said that MR is toxic in every single thread over a couple hundred times, we get the idea you think there is a problem.  Move on, learn a new word please.

What words do you want these folks to learn instead?

Would incompetent suffice? Or...

Impotent?

Malfeasant?

Inept?

Ineffectual?

Incapable?

Useless?

Ham-fisted?

Ineffective?

Blundering?

Unproductive?

Mismanaged?

Just let folks know which word you'd rather they use so they can start using it and not offend you, please. 

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, skersfan said:

I wonder if the management at Nebraska gets on these sites and just die laughing at the insanity that runs thru here.  I know this and that, and will do this or that and it will coach who or coach who.  This stuff is really entertaining.   Then you have some that claim to know, throw out a couple of names for AD's that are on the top of the list and we end up with a Moose on the loose.  You really can not dream this stuff up day in and day out.   The same things said over and over and over and over and the word Toxic most likely has never been used as much since Germany in World War II.

I certainly hope we can get some more Scott Frost threads going, we need at least another 100 or so.

I almost made a thread about all of the "toxic" talk around MR. It is so annoying and untrue in my view. It's just the buzzword to throw around when we are losing. I'm pretty sure our next coach will get the full attention and effort of the players and MR will have encouraged that on the way out the door. He's the opposite of toxic.

i don't see MR as toxic, one of his issues is he retained some pretty poor coaches when he came here........i just don't get Lang's philosophy?

how do you retain an OC who you took play calling away from previously? keeping Riley on is the AD's call...........sure, it is likely to be painful to watch, but we can hope for the best, i feel bad for the kids,

40 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I almost made a thread about all of the "toxic" talk around MR. It is so annoying and untrue in my view. It's just the buzzword to throw around when we are losing. I'm pretty sure our next coach will get the full attention and effort of the players and MR will have encouraged that on the way out the door. He's the opposite of toxic.

Agree, there's nothing toxic about him.  Well, at least there are no lasting toxic effects.  His style may be toxic to his current team's ability to win games, but that won't linger with a new coach.

• Plus1 2
56 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

What words do you want these folks to learn instead?

Would incompetent suffice? Or...

Impotent?

Malfeasant?

Inept?

Ineffectual?

Incapable?

Useless?

Ham-fisted?

Ineffective?

Blundering?

Unproductive?

Mismanaged?

Just let folks know which word you'd rather they use so they can start using it and not offend you, please. 

Munsoned?

• Plus1 3

I think Troll might be better.  MR is trolling us while getting paid millions a year.  Read $450,000 and the ST got worse.  Diaco makes $825,000 vs Banker at $580,000 and Diaco has a worse defense.

I'm afraid if they give Riley another year, he'll fire Langs and Cav and pay their replacements hundreds of thousands more for worse results on the field.

I don't think he's as nice as people make him out to be.  Most others would get charged with theft by deception for doing what he's done.

:corndance

• Plus1 1