Disappointed nothing changes till end of year

jauken

4 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

Agree, there's nothing toxic about him.  Well, at least there are no lasting toxic effects.  His style may be toxic to his current team's ability to win games, but that won't linger with a new coach.

Definitely. If that's how you want to use toxic (not you in particular but anyone) that's fine by me, we look like trash. But I don't believe he has built a negative culture that needs completely destroyed by the new coach. Some of the culture stuff is right on point, they always talk about work and practice and how important it is (this is players as well) I think that is a good thing.

We just need a more cutthroat attitude about winning and losing that Riley doesn't permeate at all. That's the problem. I think behind the scenes for the most part Riley and the team are trying to do things the right way but are missing a vital part. We don't hate a loss as a team and that is where change must be made (aside from scheme and whatnot) To me, that is one of the easier things to come into. The team is working hard and doing things right but they just don't hate to lose, that can be instilled by the right coach alot easier than trying to convince a team the coaching staff and administration are on their side when they are doubting that. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, InOmaha said:

I don't think he's as nice as people make him out to be.  Most others would get charged with theft by deception for doing what he's done.

:corndance

I'm hoping that with the little dancing banana that this is tongue in cheek. 

If it's not I don't understand that thinking (shared by more on here) that because Riley is average to below average at his job that somehow makes it ok to question his character.  Plenty of really nice people are just poopy employees.  If every person that has been fired for doing an average job was charged with theft the jails would be overcrowded.

Of course it's tough and cheek.  But it does bring up a point.  The university could extend him a year, he might fire more underperforming assistant coaches, new coaches might come in and command higher salaries, and the team could still get worse on the field next year.  Why is it that even our coordinators struggle here and seem to get worse with each replacement?

30 minutes ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

I'm hoping that with the little dancing banana that this is tongue in cheek. 

If it's not I don't understand that thinking (shared by more on here) that because Riley is average to below average at his job that somehow makes it ok to question his character.  Plenty of really nice people are just poopy employees.  If every person that has been fired for doing an average job was charged with theft the jails would be overcrowded.

Jesus! He was just kidding! Take a joke, why don't you.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, InOmaha said:

Read is another subject.  I still can't believe we paid $450,000 a year to a guy who couldn't consistently count to 11.

anigif_enhanced-6774-1428284634-2.gif?do

Perhaps instead of Read, we should have hired Count? Then we wouldn't have that issue...

iwjjc.gif

Edited by VectorVictor
  • Plus1 2

On 10/16/2017 at 2:43 PM, StPaulHusker said:

Funny how no one gives a damn about the athletes, coaches or their families in situations like this.  Just as long as you get your pound of flesh when you want it is all that matters.

Welcome to Div 1 college sports. Its big business. 

• Plus1 2