Purdue is a night game....

Saunders

1 hour ago, jessica0 said:

I'm picking Purdue to win by at least 17 points. They will eat up our defense through the air and it will drive people nuts. It will be worse than Arkansas State. 

Yeah we don't beat Purdue unless the team has a come to Jesus moment... and those don't usually happen on away night games where your HC knows he is gone at the end of the season...  if we play like we did against tOSU we will lose by at least 14.

52 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Explain to me the difference between a conflict, and a major conflict please.

Kicking Iraq out of Kuwait was a conflict, the D-Day invasion of Normandy was a major conflict.    

(okay, so my interest in wargaming took over)  :)    

Speaking of which, YAHOOOO!   I get to watch after my Saturday afternoon wargaming; instead of taping it and avoiding all mentioning of football scores.

• Plus1 2
On October 16, 2017 at 6:41 PM, jessica0 said:

I'm picking Purdue to win by at least 17 points. They will eat up our defense through the air and it will drive people nuts. It will be worse than Arkansas State. 

Purdue, by reputation, is the most overrated team of 2017. They have an uncanny ability to make the final score seem closer than it really was. I'm half convinced no one has seen them play. 

1 minute ago, brophog said:

Purdue, by reputation, is the most overrated team of 2017. They have an uncanny ability to make the final score seem closer than it really was. I'm half convinced no one has seen them play. 

This cracked me a up a bit and please don't take offense to this little story.  A few years back this asshat wormed his way onto my coaching staff, then because of a late departure on the staff I moved over to be OC and I let this new guy (who had experience) be the DC.  He was the typical macho coach, yell and scream and the bully type.  After a few weeks of his non-stop blitzing where we let up sooooo many 50 and 60 yard runs I finally had a talk with him about non blitzing as much and letting our kids play their assignments, we were letting up to many big plays.

He emailed me after "thinking" about it and let me know that we needed to blitz all the time because we only had 3 good players and that if we DIDN'T blitz all the time "the score might be closer but we would still probably lose"

I shook my head thinking...Ummmm we want the score to be close so that we have a chance to win the game.  

Long story short...it doesn't matter how the score ends up being close...you want a chance for it to be close so you have a chance to win.

• Plus1 3
On 10/16/2017 at 10:22 PM, runningblind said:

Explain to me the difference between a conflict, and a major conflict please.

Conflict: My (insert family member) has an (insert sport) game we were planning to attend. 

Major Conflict: I have a funeral, wedding, harvest, any event that was going to be impossible to miss. 

The D may have a chance, depending on how the Purdue QBs play, as I believe they rotate them through.  Blough (149.9) seems to be better than Sindelar (118.2), and they combine for a 133.0 rating, which is close to what Santacaterina of NIU has posted, and he wasn't very good when we played them.

Passer Rating of our opponents

Arkansas St - Hansen 159.4

Oregon - Herbert 172.9

No Illinois - Santacaterina 132.7

Rutgers - Bolin 98.2

Illinois - Crouch 93.7

Wisconsin - Hornibrook 166.3

Ohio St - Barrett 173.8

With that said, I am expecting Purdue to crossing route us to death and put up 450 passing.

Edited by Red Five