Purdue is a night game....

Saunders

17 minutes ago, theknife said:

We should not have lost to NIU, but here we are with a new AD and questioning if Purdue is the next NIU. 

You're right and we could definitely lose. A lot of people have been making Purdue out to be the toughest game left on our schedule not named Penn State though and that is simply not the case. One could argue it is the easiest. 

The team better not pull an Iowa and not show up after the bye week.

Edited by spurs1990
2 hours ago, Redux said:

It is interesting that we still have some delusional fans that think Purdue is capable of beating even a poorly coached Nebraska coming off a Bye Week by two touchdowns.

Believe me when I say: I really hope you are right! Nothing will make me happier than my Huskers winning a game. This is how low the standards have been set by the current coaching staff. We are hoping to win a game against Purdue....not Ohio State, not Wisconsin, not Michigan, but Purdue...I really hope you are right but Mike Riley seems more lost than ever...he simply lost the respect of his players because he can’t guide them to a win.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, huskerfan74 said:

Believe me when I say: I really hope you are right! Nothing will make me happier than my Huskers winning a game. This is how low the standards have been set by the current coaching staff. We are hoping to win a game against Purdue....not Ohio State, not Wisconsin, not Michigan, but Purdue...I really hope you are right but Mike Riley seems more lost than ever...he simply lost the respect of his players because he can’t guide them to a win.

Mike's staff and him should just keep driving on I 80 on their way back from Purdue, all the way to Corvalis, Oregon. LOL I am done with this loser all hype, all talk coaching staff,

2 hours ago, Redux said:

It is interesting that we still have some delusional fans that think Purdue is capable of beating even a poorly coached Nebraska coming off a Bye Week by two touchdowns.

To be fair, we've done an excellent job of making teams look better against us than they do against everyone else.

Arkansas State only has one game this year with more yards of offense than they had against us.

Oregon is 1-4 in the Pac-12 and only one of those losses is closer than 17 points.

Northern Illinois .... well ......

Rutgers lost to 2-5 Eastern Michigan

We only scored fourth-most points against Illinois this year - and that was a "good" game for our offense.  Rutgers scored 35.

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, Mavric said:

To be fair, we've done an excellent job of making teams look better against us than they do against everyone else.

Arkansas State only has one game this year with more yards of offense than they had against us.

Oregon is 1-4 in the Pac-12 and only one of those losses is closer than 17 points.

We only scored fourth-most points against Illinois this year - and that was a "good" game for our offense.  Rutgers scored 35.

I could not have said it better my friend...Mike Riley has a tendency to make our opponents look like Alabama. Nothing is a sure win anymore. We could be playing ball state and Mike Riley will make it feel like we are going against Georgia. Plus, every opponents playmakers tend to break records at our expense. Teams that play us have no respect for us, do not fear us, and do not think it is a big deal to beat us. Coming to Lincoln has become a picnic for our opponents. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, we sure made Oregon look invincible didn't we? We also made Wisconsin look better than they are. I could see them winning the west and losing the CCG in blowout fashion like 2014. We made Wisconsin and Melvin Gordon look like world beaters that year. 

Nebraska has always made teams look better than they are or historically, we put teams on the map with their biggest wins coming against us.

Pretty soon that reputation of us being the team to beat won't exist for our program altogether unless things change. It goes back to what Moos said about being the "hunted" and I don't think that Mike Riley is the man to return us to prominence.

1 minute ago, Redux said:

Obviously we aren't a great team, maybe not even a good team.  But despite our coaching woes I think there is enough urgency among them and the players to not lose by two scores to Purdue.  Of Purdue beats us by 14 points I won't post again for the rest of the year.

I don;t understand how you give Mike Riley so much deference to  think he couldn't lose to Purdue by 21. Mike is garb

10 minutes ago, timmytbro said:

I don;t understand how you give Mike Riley so much deference to  think he couldn't lose to Purdue by 21. Mike is garb

I barely understand what your response is trying to say.

It's not faith so much in Riley.  It's knowing we aren't as s#!tty as our record indicates.  Hopefully with the bye we play like a motivated team and get a decent win.

Edited by Redux
  • Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Redux said:

I barely understand what your response is trying to say.

It's not faith so much in Riley.  It's knowing we aren't as s#!tty as our record indicates.  Hopefully with the bye we play like a motivated team and get a decent win.

I barely understand your reasoning. Yea our team is not as bad as our record, we certainly have more talent than Purdue, but we also had more talent than NIU, Purdue in 14. when it come to MR, if there is a will there is a way.This dude will figure out a way to lose to Purdue by 21.