Is this guy high? Neb to B12

ScottyIce

He's not on crack or meth--it's all about the prescription painkillers now. 

As for expansion, the timing for the B1G deal was to see where Oklahoma and Texas were at the end of the Big XII's current GOR. Texas may very well not have a network any longer, considering how much ESPN is trying to trim budgets and no one watches it anyway (we have it parental blocked in our home). And there's a reason Oklahoma blocked expansion, and it's because it would have most likely come with an expansion to the GOR. IIRC, expanding the GOR requires a 3/4ths majority, and there are three schools (Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas) blocking discussion of it. Add two or four more teams that want to discuss it, and their GOR blockade is gone and they're locked into a future with whomever they expand with.

There's some merit to what he's saying about the Pac-12 and Mizzery, though. The Pac-12 TV deal is a cluster, though I don't believe it will sink their ship or break them apart before discussions regarding a new NCAA replacement come around--too much money, and the alternative isn't that attractive (join B1G, Big XII, or a non-P5 conference?) But we have heard things like Arizona State and Colorado potentially joining the B1G for hockey, which could set the stage for other movement down the road.

And we know that Mizzery has had buyer's remorse with the SEC for some time now--as I understand it, adding Mizzery to the SEC did more for SEC recruiting than it did help Mizzery's fortunes, both on and off the field. And don't think for a minute that Mizzery's degradation, both on and off the field, has gone without notice by Oklahoma leadership. 

But yeah, he's reaching on quite a few things. Namely Nebraska coming back to the B1G. The academic progress we've made in such a short amount of time, quite honestly, is not something we could accomplish or sustain in another conference.

Edited by VectorVictor
  • Plus1 2

15 hours ago, Husker2019 said:

Pretty sure he's been making up realignment stuff for almost 10 years

To be fair, he got a lot of it right some time ago...but the past couple years, he's been off his rocker. 

Frank the Tank is a better source for realignment speculation, especially since his conjecture tends to be based off of researched facts instead of pulling things out of his anus. 

13 hours ago, nic said:

KU and OU will be in the Big Ten in 6 years. I have no facts to back this up. I just threw it out there hoping it sticks.  

We know that Oklahoma was part of the original five team Big XII to B1G deal (the one that aTm blew up because of their greed), so it's not a stretch that the B1G would still be interested in them. 

It's just a question of who is moving with them (Kansas? Texas? Iowa Sta--nah, I'm kidding on this one) and how Oklahoma will divorce itself in the state legislature from it's specially-abled brother in Stillwater.