** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

UCF is 25th in the country in rushing. 

Nebraska is 79th in the country in rushing. 

And UCF has played two fewer games. 

UCF also has a better passing game that is the second most efficient in the nation. 

UCF offense > Nebraska offense and it isn't even close. 

• Plus1 5

its about a winning culture, which includes running the football which as one poster pointed out,  UCF has out gained us in rushing with 2 fewer games, they are in the top 25, haven't lost a game....I really don't want to go on or this will embarrass the OP's and his point.....which I'm not really sure of in the first place...trolling maybe?  wait ...what?!?

• Plus1 1

For UCF's season I have 78 runs (427 yds) and 50 passes (554 yds) on 1st down.  Run 61% of the time averaging 5.5 yards.  Pass 39% averaging 11.1 yards.  39 runs were 2 yards or less or basically 50% of their first down runs were > 2 yards.  10 runs (12%) over 10 yards.

• Plus1 1

52 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

UCF is 25th in the country in rushing. 

Nebraska is 79th in the country in rushing. 

And UCF has played two fewer games. 

UCF also has a better passing game that is the second most efficient in the nation. 

UCF offense > Nebraska offense and it isn't even close. 

34 minutes ago, Whistlepig said:

its about a winning culture, which includes running the football which as one poster pointed out,  UCF has out gained us in rushing with 2 fewer games, they are in the top 25, haven't lost a game....I really don't want to go on or this will embarrass the OP's and his point.....which I'm not really sure of in the first place...trolling maybe?  wait ...what?!?

You guys understand that rushing rankings are determined by yards per game, not the total quantity of yards...right? 

UCF playing two fewer games has no relevance towards any of that.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Landlord said:

You guys understand that rushing rankings are determined by yards per game, not the total quantity of yards...right? 

The Cincy game ending after 3 qtrs is relevant though.

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Good point; but if UCF only found a way to rush for a whooping 3 more yards this season, they would have more total rushing yards w/ 2 (& 1/4) fewer games.

2 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

For UCF's season I have 78 runs (427 yds) and 50 passes (554 yds) on 1st down.  Run 61% of the time averaging 5.5 yards.  Pass 39% averaging 11.1 yards.  39 runs were 2 yards or less or basically 50% of their first down runs were > 2 yards.  10 runs (12%) over 10 yards.

For DONU season 116 runs (541 yds) and 64 passes (396 yds) on 1st down.  Run 64% of the time averaging 4.66 yards.  Pass 35% \averaging 6.2 yards.  48 runs were 2 yards or less or 59% of their first down runs were > 2 yards.  16 runs (14%) over 10 yards.  For first down interceptions I put the yards at (-) the return yardage.

It makes sense that we would run more on first down because our passing is not so good.  We have 891 yards rushing so 61% of those yards are on 1st down.

• Plus1 1

I'm sure if you look at UCF they do not abandon the run when it nets 1-2 yards....They scheme throughout the game and adjust.  Their 2 QB's are throwing at 68% and 83% IIRC.  That's not bad.  We are currently at about 50%......

12 guys have rushed the ball.  Averaging 5.8 per carry. Their top 2 backs average 9.2 and 7.7 respectively.  It appears they know how to run the ball efficiently.

I'd take their offense in a heart beat.

• Plus1 6
9 hours ago, Landlord said:

UCF not having played a full game and the stuff they went through has a factor. You can't deny that. UCF is better at running and passing than Nebraska. The facts prove it. The eye test proves it. 

• Plus1 1
  • Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic