** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, brophog said:

A little deceiving, since teams don't have much opportunity to run the ball with all those big deficits. 

3.7 ypc allowed is ok. You'd like that more in the lower 3s. Below 3 ypc is a pretty elite defense.

Nebraska is at 4.8, way too high.

I thought the 3.7 ypc was high and I was going to mention something about it being against AAC opponents though still pretty good (110).  Making opponents mostly one dimensional on offense is a good thing though. As long as your defense isn't totally relying on offense getting a big lead. I think Oregon learned over time that they had to improve their run defense.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Frost will end up somewhere better than Oregon State. 

I don't think he goes to Oregon State, but it just points out that he is no hidden gem anymore in the football world and he is going to be a coach that big programs are going to be going after. If Nebraska doesn't get him this year, we won't see him even come close to Nebraska for another 10 years.

6 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I thought the 3.7 ypc was high and I was going to mention something about it being against AAC opponents though still pretty good (110).  Making opponents mostly one dimensional on offense is a good thing though. As long as your defense isn't totally relying on offense getting a big lead. I think Oregon learned over time that they had to improve their run defense.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle Navy, not so much because of the option but because their defense hasn't played as well the previous few weeks. 

• Plus1 1

Oregon State doesn't want Riley now and were glad to see him leave when he did.  Looking at how a fanbase views a coach is typically a great indicator.  

Florida is the only school that concerns me with getting Frost.  If Florida completely tanks and McElwain is fired they'll go after Frost.  Fans down in Florida love him.

1 hour ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I don't think he goes to Oregon State, but it just points out that he is no hidden gem anymore in the football world and he is going to be a coach that big programs are going to be going after. If Nebraska doesn't get him this year, we won't see him even come close to Nebraska for another 10 years.

I have heard but can’t confirm that both UCLA and Tennessee are expected to offer. 

Edited by BigRedBuster