** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m sure you agree, but just to be clear.

The staff changes were needed. The problem was in the original hires. 

It’s imperative that we don’t go cheep on allowing Frost to make good decisions the first time when setting up hus staff. 

agree 100% :thumbs

Those who want Frost need to hope and pray that UCF goes undefeated and/or makes a New Years 6 bowl as that's the ceiling for Group of 5 teams.  Anything short of that gives UCF some extra leverage in trying to convince Frost to stay and complete 'unfinished business'.

Man. All of this PR for Frost is great for us if we end up with him.

He is getting publicity from every which direction, Tony Dungy the latest.  If this continues, and he ends up in Nebraska. I think it MIGHT actually give us a chance to keep some of the recruits we have on board.  

National Media is MAKING Scott Frost into a STAR coach and I love it. (Don't get me wrong, he has a lot to do with it too, but they are the MEDIA)

7 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Those who want Frost need to hope and pray that UCF goes undefeated and/or makes a New Years 6 bowl as that's the ceiling for Group of 5 teams.  Anything short of that gives UCF some extra leverage in trying to convince Frost to stay and complete 'unfinished business'.

It's looking good for them right now.  They are heavily favored in every remaining game.  With some of the big losses among the P5 leaders, it's not impossible that an undefeated UCF team could make the playoff.

8 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Going undefeated and being snubbed of the playoff in favor of 3 1-loss P5 teams would create a bigger sense of 'unfinished business', no?

2 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Heard this guy is the new QB Whisperer...

http://www.ucfknights.com/coaches.aspx?rc=928&path=football

I posted more about this a few weeks ago, but I really like that he's not an offensive coordinator shoehorned in as a coordinator/QB coach. You have to make compromises with the limited number of coaching spots, I just feel more teams would be better finding another way to balance it.

10 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

We need to become UCF fans this season and hope they win out.  Frost might feel like he has achieved everything that he could at UCF.  Some of the linked articles had quotes from him about being committed to UCF.  If he makes them as good as they can be, commitment meant?

To quote the great Chris Rock....You are only as loyal as your options

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

it's not impossible that an undefeated UCF team could make the playoff.

They only play 11 games, had to cancel the Geogia Tech game, which really hurts SOS. In an ideal scenario it's next to impossible for a G5 team to get in, and this is far from ideal.

That ideal scenario is something like this: a G5 team has to go undefeated, schedule aggressively against the power 5, have one or more of those power 5 have exceptional years and have their own conference have exceptional years.

1 hour ago, neepster said:

Nor should they.  However, they must know he eventually moves onto a power 5 gig.  I would guess Tennessee makes a major push for him.  Whether it's here or not remains to be seen, but Frost's tenure at UCF will come to an end either this year or next.

7 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

Nor should they.  However, they must know he eventually moves onto a power 5 gig.  I would guess Tennessee makes a major push for him.  Whether it's here or not remains to be seen, but Frost's tenure at UCF will come to an end either this year or next.

I'm guessing this year and not due to the fact that we will be looking.  I don't think any teams searching for a new coach will let Frost get passed up this year unless Frost himself chooses to stay at UCF and ignore the money.